Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cape Town Battles Against Baboons

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yep, its great being so close to the kruger. I think i've seen more elephants around phalaborwa than actually in the park. Its also good to head south to God's window and the white lion project. We were thinking of renting out the house and flat in phalaborwa for the world cup as it might make a good base for games in jo'burg and pretoria but also the game parks up there.

And Nelspruit.

Go for it - there is likely to be a shortage of decent accomodation.

Once upon a time ... I was on a ferry, travelling to the Isle of Mull, leaning over the rail, eating a sandwich, and admiring the scenery.

Down swooped a SEAGULL. Not only did it steal the sandwich ... it bit my finger to get it.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
The South African definition of really cold is not the same as the British definition! Temps of 15 degrees are described on the Weather forecast as "ridiculously cold" or "freezing"!!

Unless something unusual happens, you can expect sunny days, temps of high teens, low twenties, very little if any rain, but it will be cold at night (approaching or below 0). So, could be shorts and T shirt during the day, layers at night.

Think we can hack 15 degrees or lower! Cheers for the forecast, think Pretoria will be bearable then. You planning on going to any games? You must have pick of the Durban games being a local?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Watch out for the Rock Dassies on Table Mountain as well - they will quite happily jump on your table to eat your lunch for you. They are unlikely to violate anyone's girlfriend, however :thumbsup:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Think we can hack 15 degrees or lower! Cheers for the forecast, think Pretoria will be bearable then. You planning on going to any games? You must have pick of the Durban games being a local?

Have applied for tickets in Durban but am not necessarily planning on going - was going to give them to the local footie team who I doubt would be able to go otherwise. If it turns out that England are playing there (which I doubt), then I will have to tag along!! Dunno if I have got any yet though.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Have applied for tickets in Durban but am not necessarily planning on going - was going to give them to the local footie team who I doubt would be able to go otherwise. If it turns out that England are playing there (which I doubt), then I will have to tag along!! Dunno if I have got any yet though.

I really is a lottery on where we play - fingers crossed next friday evening!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here