Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cantona's kung-fu kick. 20 years on.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
False?

You're of course aware that Cantona was walking along the pitch to the tunnel because he'd just assaulted a fellow player and been sent off?

When you say "assaulted": you mean "fouled", right?

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
On that day Cantona became an Albion legend.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it's fair to say we all share Gary Lineker's feelings on the subject.

[tweet]558247772349276160[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Every time I think about the racist & homophobic abuse poor Eric had to suffer at the hands of some Palace knuckle dragger, I feel physically sick. Thinking about the bravery & courage Eric showed by standing up to the bullies brings a tear to my eye. If only more players had followed Eric's example by putting Palace fans in their place, we'd have stamped out racism there a lot sooner. I will be proudly singing the Eric song. I believe Eric's leather made contact with dribbling imbecile on 56 minutes. So, I wonder if the club would consider putting a picture of Eric up on the big screen so we can sing and applaud on Sunday?

It's the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo this year, wonderful to think that finally now we can accept some French people as ok sort of guys. It's taken a while.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's for the very same reason that Henry Hughton is a hero.
You should have a word with your fellow Selhurst saddoes, because apparently none of you have ever gloated over Ryans career ending injury,

Oh, by the way,HAPPY CANTONA DAY!!!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I shall raise a toast the day that c**t kicks the bucket.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Anyway you can laugh at an incident in a fixture that's in your dreams, playing United in the league. Half of you weren't even alive the last time that happened.

And did Albion ever beat them 5-0? Hey we did that to another side more recently as well...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here