Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can't we just accept we lost to a good team

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
they had run out of ideas and brought Daryl Murphy on to lay ineffective long ball until they got an extremely lucky goal

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
After the goal we should have pressed on, we tried not to do this and f'd up.
We can't play the defend one goal game, so why the hell do we even try.

DavePage

Our performance wasn’t that solid but most likely we would have held on for three points if the fluke goal had not happened, we lost to a good strike which is sad we didn’t hold on to the point we at least deserved.
But that was their final, they got away with 3 points, good for them.
A positive is that they don’t treat other teams as importantly as us. They are champions elect so why should they.
looking forward to the teams taking points off them ever if they are beneath them.

Guessing that the Fat Controller next venture is as a referee, he spent so much time talking to the fourth official that must be a career move.
Why do they put the fourth official next to the managers? Their gamesmanship or lack of is disturbing.
I still wish Newcastle all of the best in the playoffs, no hard feelings.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Agreed - Newcastle are really a Prem side so no big deal.

Being a Brighton fan is never an easy ride, and this will probably go right down to the wire. It just means when we do get to the promised land, and we will, it will just be that much sweeter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some good stuff here.

The other team gets coached too.

Towards the end of the first have AK and Baldock, broke through their last line at halfway.

By the time either of them looked up, there was about 6 Newcastle players in front of them.
That just wouldn't have happened against any other team in the division.

Onwards and upwards.
THE game is finally put to bed, time to move on.

Edit - Came here first and have now looked at the rest of page 1.
Way to many pathetic sacks of shit posting last night.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We had 2 massive home games as lost to the best team in league. The only team that will do the double over us this season. Glad its out the way, fine lines, on to the City Ground

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I thought I would be more gutted but I'm not too down beat. I was absolutely destroyed after the Ipswich game and that was a draw. I think beating Reading convincingly was a bigger result. Now we have 3 winnable games in a week which will really affect my mood. It really isn't easy being a Brighton fan

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Why can't we just accept we lost to a good team,instead of the countless threads on here criticising anybody from the owner to
the manager to the players to the fans.

Sometimes it is just not your day & you need to dust yourself down & move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What nonsense, last time I saw us at home to Newcastle we smashed them 4-0 with the brilliant Brian Wade scoring all 4. We are clearly going backwards, Bloom, Barber, Hughton out

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I think we were hard done by in losing the game and it's a real testament to our lads that it took them until the 81st min to get back in the game. having conceded a bit of a dodgy pen which no doubt fired them up as an injustice without diames fluke we would've held on for the win. There's nobody left to play anywhere near that class and after sat we still should be 9 points clear of hudds which is plenty good enough to see us over the line

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
After the goal we should have pressed on, we tried not to do this and f'd up.
We can't play the defend one goal game, so why the hell do we even try.

It was difficult to press on when we had to sub Pocognoli so early. Newcastle scored a flukey goal, which gave them the impetus.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
My sentiment...whilst we had other chances...They should have scored on half time and when Stockdale gave ball away.....A win would have been a steal and a draw ok....I do think on the night whilst for the first ten minutes we were all over them they were the better side...we could not get going on the break like we did against Reading....Bring on Forest and either Newcastle or Huddersfied or both WILL drop points on saturday.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We lost a 50:50 tussle. Could have gone either way.

Move on. We know what we need to do now. Let's just do it.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We didn't lose to a great team. We lost because we couldn't maintain possession. The team shat themselves once they went 1-0 up. The whole team started giving the ball away needlessly. We went to pieces and lost our fluidity. Newcastle are a good team, but we were the makers of our own collapse tonight.

Very much this. They weren't great at all. We were so sloppy after we took the lead. 3pts dropped for me.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Thought we played some great football at times and at others struggled to keep possession ... against the best team in the league.

Couldn't fault the desire or work rate. Didn't deserve to lose. Move on.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've woken up thinking this..
Their goal was flukey tho

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Thanks for the heads up with this thread. I know there's no point looking at anything else on NSC now until the weekend. Thought we played okay but understandably difficult to know whether to stick or twist when we were up against it in the second half. They fluked their way on to terms and then showed why they're the most dangerous team in the division with the winner. More players than anyone else that can really hurt a side - Premier League calibre players like Ritchie. Doesn't matter. If we can match the levels of the last 3 games over the next 12, we'll be promoted and might even still win the title. Onwards and upwards.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I was as disappointed as anyone last night, but only because we came within sight of a good point, or even a win. The game was decided on fine margins, and Rafa had thrown everything at it.. hoping to get something because it looked as though they had started to get really ragged. It was as likely that we might nick another one as they would equalize, but their 1st goal knocked the stuffing out of us in terms of its timing and it's manner. The second was a good goal against a tiring side. The ball from Ritchie was superb, but a yard either way and would have sailed out. I hate this forum the day after a loss.. if we lose a game against a top side we have "bottled it", lose a game against a lower placed side we are "complacent". As for the criticism of Tomori - thrown into a game like that, asked to play left-back as a right-footed player against a right footed winger who was probably the stand-out attacking threat on either side on the night.
We didn't play as well as we would have liked, but much of that was due to Newcastle playing well - their energy and pressing was good, and some of our best players (Murray/Knocky) weren't able to get into it as a result..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here