Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Can’t stay logged in. Site very slow

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I wish I could fix this. Been going on for many months now and makes it difficult to visit NSC.

I still can’t stay logged in. I sorted it once before but now I’m older and less savvy I can’t recall how

Worse still, the site is now slower for me than the Evening Argus site ! Takes forever to load the whole page, keeps reloading due to errors. What on earth is going on:tantrum:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I wish I could fix this. Been going on for many months now and makes it difficult to visit NSC.

I still can’t stay logged in. I sorted it once before but now I’m older and less savvy I can’t recall how

Worse still, the site is now slower for me than the Evening Argus site ! Takes forever to load the whole page, keeps reloading due to errors. What on earth is going on:tantrum:

I have the same issue when reading the Sun, Daily Mail, Daily Express and Daily Star....horrendous.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is it just NSC, or the internet in general ?
Does your laptop / PC take yonks to boot up ?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
When I hit the arrow key to take me to the last post on a thread I get a blank page. Anyone else?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Everything is speedy, handy and dandy here in FavxQQQ2JBizzlehamnumberofthebeastsham :banana:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't click on the 'under armour' ad banner, the one with the woman in her little panties, is my final word on this subject :ohmy:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Been like it for weeks on both my desktop and my phone loads up initially okay but then takes up to a 30 seconds sometimes after clicking on a thread or going to the next page on a thread but other times its instant like it always was

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I've also been having issues with NSC for weeks. Never had any before in nearly 20 years. Pages very slow to load, or simply they don't load. Not always easy to get logged in. Sometimes get logged out without logging out.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
No issue with NSC using Safari on my Mac Air.

But keep getting logged out of using Safari on iPhone and iPad ... and slow/non responsive on occasions.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This sounds like an issue others, including me, had a few weeks ago - there were a few threads about it at the time.

For me, the issue persisited regularly in Safari but if I switched to Chrome on the same machine, the site was lightning quick, which indicated it was an issue at my end, not the NSC server end.

In most cases clearing your browser cache of NSC data (or clear your entire browser cache) should resolve the issue - as it seems something is lurking in there which is causing the problem.

Some people had a different issue last week, but this was isolated to those who use TalkTalk as their ISP. I did some delving into the TalkTalk support forums and found another TalkTalk customer who had just reported a very similar issue with another site. In common was that both his site and NSC use the same security platform - Cloudflare - to provide protection. In this case, unplugging your router for 30-60 minutes and then re-starting it fixed the problem.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
This sounds like an issue others, including me, had a few weeks ago - there were a few threads about it at the time.

For me, the issue persisited regularly in Safari but if I switched to Chrome on the same machine, the site was lightning quick, which indicated it was an issue at my end, not the NSC server end.

In most cases clearing your browser cache of NSC data (or clear your entire browser cache) should resolve the issue - as it seems something is lurking in there which is causing the problem.

Some people had a different issue last week, but this was isolated to those who use TalkTalk as their ISP. I did some delving into the TalkTalk support forums and found another TalkTalk customer who had just reported a very similar issue with another site. In common was that both his site and NSC use the same security platform - Cloudflare - to provide protection. In this case, unplugging your router for 30-60 minutes and then re-starting it fixed the problem.

Would migrating the forums to a modern, supported, platform help with this...?

HINT HINT

:whistle:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I could not enter NSC for over a week (no - not banned) on desktop or phone. It was quite liberating.

Whenever I tried to enter the site I would get an error page saying "no connection" . Then , about 3 days ago , I tried and I was logged in as normal ???

I assumed at the time that NSC was down for everyone but it appears not.

Tiberious Two

Aug 5, 2021
I could not enter NSC for over a week (no - not banned) on desktop or phone. It was quite liberating.

Whenever I tried to enter the site I would get an error page saying "no connection" . Then , about 3 days ago , I tried and I was logged in as normal ???

I assumed at the time that NSC was down for everyone but it appears not.

No I had the same problem. When ran the problem fix stated it was the site. Rest of the sites I visited and mail worked fine. Then suddenly it worked again.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
whilst I wasn't having issues with NSC particulalry, I have noticed my browser was getting a bit slow loading all pages, so after reading Bozza's tip to clear the browser cache I did just that- now everything seems to be loading quicker, not just NSC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here