Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Can’t score, won’t score

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Bloody shame we couldn't get Nunez in. He's banging goals in for Benfica.

Hopefully Danny Welbeck can get up to speed. Looks quite handy.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
who did you suggest we get?

I’m no expert but clearly Callum Wilson was going to do a job for us. I’d have been happy with Ollie Watkins or Brewster and I’m sure the scouting team had at least half a dozen other young players in their sights.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Don't forget Potter was happy with the team we have and repeatedly said so when the transfer window shut.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We looked more dangerous early on in the season when counter attacking with pace but teams have learnt that if they sit back with men behind the ball we do not have the quality to break them down and we always have a mistake in us at the back.

This leaves us with passing around the edge of the area trying to find passes through tiny gaps. Team know we are not dangerous from crosses so happy to let us get wide and do that slow paced chip to the back post that either the keeper collects or we never attack.

The same problems have been there for weeks now but no sign of us resolving them. Let’s hope GP can cook up a solution before we play Villa later in the month.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Don't forget Potter was happy with the team we have and repeatedly said so when the transfer window shut.

And I still think he is and should be, and if he wasnt - what would you expect him to say? You really want a manager who are doing some kind of media war against the owner?

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I’m no expert but clearly Callum Wilson was going to do a job for us. I’d have been happy with Ollie Watkins or Brewster and I’m sure the scouting team had at least half a dozen other young players in their sights.

You've named 3 players, do you believe that if we had signed at least one of them we would have more points than what we have already? If the answer is yes please tell me why you come to that conclusion.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
And I still think he is and should be, and if he wasnt - what would you expect him to say? You really want a manager who are doing some kind of media war against the owner?

Language is a wonderful thing and there are many ways he could have subtly hinted at wanting new players.

He may have been happy with the squad then but I doubt he is now!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So what were the 9 blocked shots all about then ?

That many blocked shots suggests we want too much time on the ball. Whenever we hit it early the ball sails wide or over the bar.

Yes, this is about quality and money, but when you have Dunk, Webster, Veltman, Burn, Duffy and a conveyor bely of defensive youth talent not selling White for £40 million and buying the top striker we needed (Edouard, Wilson, Watkins, Nunez) is looking like a really shit decision.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Very good save by Popefrom Welbeck late in first half was the only really decent goalscoring opportunity for either side.

FFS its always about The Trinity, or the big fellow's emesary on Earth with you isn't ?....and change the avatar, we're all multicultural now, don't you know.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Seems as if much of the attacking is being overthought, overplayed and probably over coached. We need some space for attacking intuition...and it's not easy for that to be 'coached'!!

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
You've named 3 players, do you believe that if we had signed at least one of them we would have more points than what we have already? If the answer is yes please tell me why you come to that conclusion.

I think that possibly, just my view, I’m no expert etc. That one of those mentioned and possibly others might have maybe made a difference because they are looking to build their careers not see them out.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
That many blocked shots suggests we want too much time on the ball. Whenever we hit it early the ball sails wide or over the bar.

Yes, this is about quality and money, but when you have Dunk, Webster, Veltman, Burn, Duffy and a conveyor bely of defensive youth talent not selling White for £40 million and buying the top striker we needed (Edouard, Wilson, Watkins, Nunez) is looking like a really shit decision.

Yes these players who are guaranteed to score goals. If only buying players like this was so easy. Many on here would be going mental if we had bought one of them strikers and had only scored 4 goals this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here