Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cant change wont change.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Because the crosses were awful last night? Either too high, too close to the keeper, too hard, or into an area where there were no Briton players?

But hypothetically speaking the 6 clear cut chances might have been scored by another striker/option - that was my point. No critisism of Ulloa, who i thought was magnificent. I agree Kaz beats the full back 90% of the time but his crossing was poor last night as for buckley had another anonymous game shame as he looked a world beater prior to christmas.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But hypothetically speaking the 6 clear cut chances might have been scored by another striker/option - that was my point. No critisism of Ulloa, who i thought was magnificent. I agree Kaz beats the full back 90% of the time but his crossing was poor last night as for buckley had another anonymous game shame as he looked a world beater prior to christmas.

Yeah, I do actually agree with your point (and understood it originally) just allowing my frustration at our crosses last night to come out for an airing.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
How do you know that? Other than that i agree with what you say.

as the other poster said, delivery to the box was pretty poor all night, but I dont think 2 strikers would have made a differance, we had a quality side out last night that on another day would have ripped a team to streads. For me, we need to congratulate Charlton a stout defensive performance and move onto Saturday. I hope he keeps the same team albeit maybe bring Orlandi in for Lopez, who looks tired.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Im not sure you have started your NSC career in the best possible way.

I've started to think this is the best way to start on NCS. Just get stuck in a metaphorical windmilling style. Pussy foot around and no one will notice you...

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
as the other poster said, delivery to the box was pretty poor all night, but I dont think 2 strikers would have made a differance, we had a quality side out last night that on another day would have ripped a team to streads. For me, we need to congratulate Charlton a stout defensive performance and move onto Saturday. I hope he keeps the same team albeit maybe bring Orlandi in for Lopez, who looks tired.

I think problem for Lopez was Vicente - not sure they can play together - for me its either or not both - nice problem to have.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
There were queues of quality strikers waiting to sign on loan for us, Shirley?

Why on earth didn't Gus sign a few of them, just to be sure. Oh and a couple of spare goalkeepers. And you can never have too many wingers......

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think problem for Lopez was Vicente - not sure they can play together - for me its either or not both - nice problem to have.

I seem to be reading a lot of people concluding that Lopez was quiet because of Vicente, but to be fair, Lopez was equally quiet at Forest and Vicente didn't play in that one. Lopez is far too good a player to be effected by having another talented player to play off. To be honest, I think Lopez and Orlandi have put in so much over the past few weeks it has started to take it's toll a bit.

I'd be delighted to see both Lopez and Vicente in for Saturday, but perhaps Orlandi coming in for either LuaLua or Buckley, either behind the striker with Vicente out left, or the other way round.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Barker was on the bench last night , he is a striker.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

maybe, Lopez has been awesome for ages now and just looks knackered, mayeb arest this week and he will come back flying. would love to see all 3 of the spaniards play together, maybe give Buckley a rest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here