Cannot beat a 12 goal thriller

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Our reserves had a 8-4 (v Reading, I think) in 1968-9. Can't remember if it was home or away or even if it was a loss or a win!
I thought they moved because of the difficulty of the play-off against the 5th-placed nation in the SA qualifying league. This virtually emptied what was already a shell of a confederation, so why FIFA allowed thisto happen is a complete mystery to me.

That was also part of it. At the end of the day, though, it was how blatantly "too good" for Oceania that Australia were. As proven by how strong they were in Asia after moving. Although last I checked they've slipped a bit now.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I have rarely watched Lewes, but for some reason I went to see them against Weymouth about ten years ago. Lewes scored 5, but lost by 3. 5-8. Goals were flying in from all over the place, and there was a red card too, if I remember right.

Incredible game.

The nine matches on this weekends Southern Combination (Sussex County) League card yielded 50 goals. With admission around a fiver, gotta be worth a visit to your local side next time the Albion have a day off.

(Despite Peacehaven picking up 1 point in their first 9 matches, their unpaid superstars have now won five on the bounce (3-2 v Little'ampton))

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Yoof

Our reserves had a 8-4 (v Reading, I think) in 1968-9. Can't remember if it was home or away or even if it was a loss or a win!
I thought they moved because of the difficulty of the play-off against the 5th-placed nation in the SA qualifying league. This virtually emptied what was already a shell of a confederation, so why FIFA allowed thisto happen is a complete mystery to me.

Lost 4-7 this season: http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-reading-3345150.aspx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports