Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cancelling Sky (very OT)

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
If you've gone past your contract length you don't need to ring and cancel as the next provider does that for you once you've picked your new package.
You're better off changing every 12 months or so as the prices just go up and up and you can pocket the lovely deals every time you change.

Now TV is £15 and superb value and different sky sports packages that are cheaper and you pick and choose I,e £6.99 day pass :)

Now TV is very good value for entertainment and movies, but for Sky Sports there's one big problem. They don't stream at a high enough frame rate, so you get really prominent motion blur when the ball is played quickly. I'm considering going back to Sky (through the dish) for this reason.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
What would happen if all subscribers to Sky cancelled their subscriptions?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Now TV is very good value for entertainment and movies, but for Sky Sports there's one big problem. They don't stream at a high enough frame rate, so you get really prominent motion blur when the ball is played quickly. I'm considering going back to Sky (through the dish) for this reason.

Not if you had a decent internet connection, pretty close to broadcast quality for me

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
Not if you had a decent internet connection, pretty close to broadcast quality for me

I'm watching it over a fibre connection, so that's not the issue. The resolution is fine - you couldn't tell the difference with a freeze frame - but the frame rate (the number of images appearing per second) is lower than the broadcast image.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
I've been contemplating ditching my Sky package and going for Now TV instead with the occasional Sports Pass purchase, however... due to family and other various commitments I don't often get to watch any live football; it's often later in the evenings when I get to sit down and watch what I've recorded 'as live' - as far as I can make out there's no way of bolting on some kind of recording device to the Now TV box which would make it pointless for me unless anyone is aware how you could do such a thing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here