Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cancelled Season Tickets

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's not an easy thing to come to terms with as a parent, but the OP has to just accept that there's no point buying tickets for kids that don't want to go.
If they later decide they do, then you will have to work out how best to achieve this, but there's really no point in complaining about it if they have attended less than half the games so far this season.

As for the clubs records, I'm sure the exact time I went through the turnstiles is logged on my season ticket details. It really wouldn't be difficult for them to see if it's only used when upgraded and necessary action could be taken against those who are clearly abusing the system.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As of right now, there are 8 evening games out of 23:

Forest - Fri 7 Aug - Friday night school next morning not a concern (and during the school holidays)
Rotherham - Tue 15 Sep
Bristol - Tue 20 Oct
Ipswich - Tue 29 Dec - during the school holidays
Brentford - Fri 5 Feb - Friday night school next morning not a concern
Wednesday - Tue 8 Mar
Fulham - Fri 15 Apr - Friday night school next morning not a concern
QPR - Tue 19 Apr

Even if the concern over children going isn't about having to get up for school after a late night out at football, 6 games being upgraded leaves two evening matches that can't be used by the children for whom the tickets were bought (they can still be used by other children - nieces, nephews, friend's kids etc).

Season tickets for under 10s in the family stand were £70 A match ticket for an under 10 is £5 in the family stand, If you were to buy them individually every game it would cost you £115 you save £45, or the equivalent of 9 matches.

In the north/south/west upper, it's £10/8/5 (for cat A/B/C). Based on the split of cat a/b/c games last season, buying individually would cost you £184, a season ticket cost £125, a saving of 59, or the equivalent of almost 6 cat A games, or 8 games (2 Cat A, 3 Cat B and 3 Cat C), or almost 12 cat C games.

The savings themselves can account for midweek games missed, even before you factor in that you can still upgrade 6 games.

Why is there an assumption that children can't make evening games though? This isn't the case for all children.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Why is there an assumption that children can't make evening games though? This isn't the case for all children.

Come on - did you really need to ask such a question? Older children can probably cope, but parents of those of primary age would decide that getting home at say 10.30 is rather too late. This would be early if you are in deepest East Sussex.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Nobody has made that assumption - certainly not the club, if that is your assertion.

The number of evening games has just been used as a gauge by some to indicate what *may* be a reasonable number of upgrades permissible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't really buy the fact the club can't change the T's & C's until renewal time.

I wonder how much more the system has been abused this season, compared to last?
If it was noticeably more I can imagine that would only increase, considerably, with the half season sales.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nobody has made that assumption - certainly not the club, if that is your assertion.

The number of evening games has just been used as a gauge by some to indicate what *may* be a reasonable number of upgrades permissible.

My assertion isn't aimed at the club. I don't know their reasons, I can guess, but if think they're doing the right thing.

But, someone has made the point this is the 5th thread on the matter and in mind some supporters have demonstrated an idea that kids can't make evening games and using it as an angle to query the limit. Sure this is the case for some kids but not all; this was the point I was try to make.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I can't help but think that the OP has made a schoolboy error in taking his kids to the Albion too soon. I didn't start taking mine until they were 8, and one of them is now a diehard fan (he's 18) - the other doesn't like football.

But I think I may have put them off completely if I took them when they were too young - they would have seen going to the Amex as a chore, and that magical feeling that kids get at their first game, when they are old enough to appreciate it, would have been lost.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I didn't make the assumption, simply responding to someone who did. But it makes sense. Kids traditionally have early bed times, night games finish late, especially for those travelling from further afield. It's not a particularly wacky assumption to make.

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
I did have a season ticket at Gillingham but you assumed I did not, I said I did hot have a ticket when Archer was in charge and that was not all the time at Gillingham, Idiot!

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
I do not but they have only recently started the restriction and I got it to try and gently encorage them to attend and so they could sit with their Dad, der!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I did have a season ticket at Gillingham but you assumed I did not, I said I did hot have a ticket when Archer was in charge and that was not all the time at Gillingham, Idiot!

with the only break being the Archer years at Gillingham.

There weren't any 'Archer Years' at Gillingham.

I smell a troll...or a complete bellend, either one.

Last edited:

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
This. Your situation is genuine and I feel sympathy for that. However, you must see it from the clubs point of view, if you could upgrade whenever you want then all of us could just buy a cheap kids season ticket thus making it cheaper for games missed.

Valid point but the restriction is too low

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
There's absolutely no reason to read beyond:-

I have supported the Albion for 40 years and I have held at least two season tickets since 1984, with the only break being the Archer years at Gillingham. I have held a season ticket for myself and my twins boys since moving to the Amex; my boys are now aged 7

Or to put it another way:-

'I don't like a club policy, so to justify why I should be treated differently to everyone else, I will begin with just how fookin great I am ...'

followed by blah blah blah, and probably not all the whole truth.

Missing the point f*** Wit!

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
So the club are threatening to take you to court.

Let me guess...

You didn't actually cancel your season tickets, but instead just cancelled your direct debit with the bank.

If this is the case, you haven't cancelled , you still have an agreement, and still owe the money !

Wrong!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here