Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Cancelled Flights/Holiday Refunds

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not sure how BA's internal systems will handle this, but Global Flight Systems like Galileo, Amadeus and Sabre, which BA use, would highlight that there is a duplicate booking(s) on the flight and it would be flagged to cancel down. We get this a lot in the Trade where we can hold flights (effectively holding is a booking) if another Agent has held them and then another Agent books them, it's squeaky bum time to get the right one cancelled down, because the airline will cancel them both down.....

I'd get on to BA pronto.....

BA have an automated cancel booking thing at the minute where you fill a form in and they send you a voucher code for you to use against a future trip which I did yesterday evening and spoke to them on Twitter to confirm receipt and received an email this morning saying I should receive the voucher in 7 days.

I wouldn’t advise other people do it because you never know but I’ve seen a few people on trip advisor forums that have done it and it’s been fine. Will update on how I get on. They offer flexible booking on their holiday booking page so I don’t think it will be a problem, here’s hoping.

86AD0B94-A7D8-4BBB-BD53-F56771C57130.jpeg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had an email on Thursday from BA telling me flight at the end of August was cancelled.......was a part voucher/part cash/part miles booking. Called them Thurs pm, avios and voucher were recredited immediately and the cash element has already gone back on to my credit card. Just need to try to find an alternative for a 30th Wedding Anniversary thing now :(:(

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
BA have an automated cancel booking thing at the minute where you fill a form in and they send you a voucher code for you to use against a future trip which I did yesterday evening and spoke to them on Twitter to confirm receipt and received an email this morning saying I should receive the voucher in 7 days.

I wouldn’t advise other people do it because you never know but I’ve seen a few people on trip advisor forums that have done it and it’s been fine. Will update on how I get on. They offer flexible booking on their holiday booking page so I don’t think it will be a problem, here’s hoping.

View attachment 125475

Agreed, but the potential issue here was a duplicate booking for the same holiday and how systems handle that if you don't advise them of what you have done. Like you originally said, you weren't sure whether what you have done is the "right thing". If you booked a different flight, the systems would not see a duplicate.....

Personally, their T&C's don't state you can't do this, so it's fair game imho...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Had an email on Thursday from BA telling me flight at the end of August was cancelled.......was a part voucher/part cash/part miles booking. Called them Thurs pm, avios and voucher were recredited immediately and the cash element has already gone back on to my credit card. Just need to try to find an alternative for a 30th Wedding Anniversary thing now :(:(

Congratulations on the anniversary :thumbsup: Theres some good deals on BA holidays towards the end of August at the minute, that’s when I’ve booked, normally book with TUI but found much better deals on BA this summer.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes of course I will cancel my existing booking first and ensure it has been fully cancelled before making the new one!

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Hi , Gatwick Malaga flight cancelled by BA 13th August - BA re reouted me thru Heathrow but times are not acceptable - Trying for refund on website / Manage my bookings but for refunds have to call them - tried numerous time and button pushing but every time you get to end of selection process you get cut off - anyone got any tips or alternative numbers to try

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

EasyJet flight prices are still low, with the prices at some lovely hotels in Italy lower than they would be normally. Just one example.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
EasyJet flight prices are still low, with the prices at some lovely hotels in Italy lower than they would be normally. Just one example.

Tks, looking at a few options but will probably stay local and rebook the planned trip (Antigua) a bit later when things are ‘normal’.....

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Hi , Gatwick Malaga flight cancelled by BA 13th August - BA re reouted me thru Heathrow but times are not acceptable - Trying for refund on website / Manage my bookings but for refunds have to call them - tried numerous time and button pushing but every time you get to end of selection process you get cut off - anyone got any tips or alternative numbers to try

Yes. Go to the BA website hang around on it for a few minutes and then the online chat thing pops up. It’s an automated service but if you type in ‘can someone ring me back’ you’ll get a message saying your next in Q and xxx will help you. I tried It following a friends advice and it works. The person I dealt with was excellent took details etc and refund was processed quickly.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Yes. Go to the BA website hang around on it for a few minutes and then the online chat thing pops up. It’s an automated service but if you type in ‘can someone ring me back’ you’ll get a message saying your next in Q and xxx will help you. I tried It following a friends advice and it works. The person I dealt with was excellent took details etc and refund was processed quickly.

Many thanks for this, I will try in the morning..

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU

Hi tried the above but no chat boxes appear - However from another tip this worked - call 020 3250 0145 -DO NOT press any option numbers - 30 seconds you get straight thru to customer services who then put you to the refund queue but at least you are in the queue - good 10mins spoke to a human who was most helpful - refund underway - they say 5 to 7 days - have booking reference and payment card handy

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not Coronavirus but that dust cloud issue in February, Easyjet has finally agreed to compensate for their cancelled flights to and from Lanzarote after having to resort to arbitrator as they were so bad at dealing with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here