Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Canal Man

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Wow. I've fallen into many English canals, but never so far from home.
Hope you got dry soon, and not too cold.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Now I’m a bit more with it I’ve pieced together what actually happened. We couldn’t get through the fence and then somebody spotted this gap next to it, and thought we could climb down there, and back up the other side. In theory in made sense, and approached with caution it might have even worked.

Instead, our Hero threw caution to the wind and just ran straight at it, and I think what happened was that that green foliage isn’t actually hard ground at all, but floating weed on the surface of the canal. So as he ran full pelt at it he just went straight in, and couldn’t stop until he was two thirds across and neck deep in the water.

IMG_2950.jpeg

Amazing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Did someone get you a change of clothes? I’m worried for you!

(Ps) I once did the exact same thing but sober. My excuse was “it was dark”.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anybody else witness this outside the ground before kick off?

View attachment 169515

Poor chap tried to take a shortcut but was too smashed to realise that it was a canal, not a road. One of the funniest things I’ve seen at football for a long time.
I blame the cancellation of Van De Valk, they were fishing the stiffs out of the canals weekly..high alcohol beer, ignorance and canals are not a good mix. Similarly in Eastern Europe in winter, plenty get smashed and walk out of a boozer, never to be seen again until the snowdrifts melt in spring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here