Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Canadians don't like racists

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Maybe there would be a lot less grooming if this punishment was applied for that crime, then again it does not seem to be a crime in that ideology.

Do you feel the same way about the Catholic church too?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The catholic church do not preach that it is ok to marry or go with young children. The fact that some of the priests are involved in this is disgusting.

I have yet to hear of an Islamic preacher say it's ok either. Not that I go to Mosque so naturally I wouldn't have a clue what they preach...

Im not in anway condoning what SOME people do because their religion (or their warped perception of it) told them it's ok. I am merely pointing out that people are ready to condemn an entire religion because of the acts of a few wayward preachers whilst defending another institution (whilst condeming the individuals and saying they don't represent the religion as a whole) that is fundamentalty doing the same thing.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I have yet to hear of an Islamic preacher say it's ok either. Not that I go to Mosque so naturally I wouldn't have a clue what they preach...

Im not in anway condoning what SOME people do because their religion (or their warped perception of it) told them it's ok. I am merely pointing out that people are ready to condemn an entire religion because of the acts of a few wayward preachers whilst defending another institution (whilst condeming the individuals and saying they don't represent the religion as a whole) that is fundamentalty doing the same thing.

Plenty of footage on what is preached at some mosques. Am i wrong to say that it is acceptable to marry a girl under a certain age, and to have full sex, that woman are second class citizens and get stoned and beaten, that FMG is common practice.......do these values apply in the Catholic religion.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Plenty of footage on what is preached at some mosques. Am i wrong to say that it is acceptable to marry a girl under a certain age, and to have full sex, that woman are second class citizens and get stoned and beaten, that FMG is common practice.......do these values apply in the Catholic religion.

In Africa, on checking FGM information, it would certainly appear so, but I believe you know that its a cultural issue rather than a religion issue.

for example
The prevalence varies with religion in Nigeria; FGM is prevalent in 31% of Catholics, 27% of Protestant and 7% of Muslim women

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
In Africa, on checking FGM information, it would certainly appear so, but I believe you know that its a cultural issue rather than a religion issue.

for example
The prevalence varies with religion in Nigeria; FGM is prevalent in 31% of Catholics, 27% of Protestant and 7% of Muslim women

And beheading and stoning and marrying under age girls, do they happen as well in Catholicism.........

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
And beheading and stoning and marrying under age girls, do they happen as well in Catholicism.........

Im guessing you accept the FGM fact in a round about sort of way haha..
Marrying under age girls and sex with under age girls? What do you think? Its hardly unheard of in the west, I would imagine the chances in other poorer continents is pretty high..
Beheading and stoning ...going for the theatrical? So your beef is methods of execution really?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

There's a huge difference between a preacher saying something and a religion condoning something. There are plenty of cases of Christian preachers preaching homophobia, intolerance and even death but I would never claim that ALL Christians think this way. If you can find a direct quote from the Quran condoning child grooming I'll concede the point.

I think you'll find woman are indeed seen as second class citizens in the eyes of many traditionalist within Catholic Church. Just because they don't stone women to death anymore doesn't mean that it's suddenly a progressive, pro-women religion.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Im guessing you accept the FGM fact in a round about sort of way haha..
Marrying under age girls and sex with under age girls? What do you think? Its hardly unheard of in the west, I would imagine the chances in other poorer continents is pretty high..
Beheading and stoning ...going for the theatrical? So your beef is methods of execution really?

Why would I accept FGM in any sort of way, your words not my thoughts, not funny really. How many young girls from this country are sent abroad to be mutilated in the summer holidays.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Why would I accept FGM in any sort of way, your words not my thoughts, not funny really. How many young girls from this country are sent abroad to be mutilated in the summer holidays.

Oh come on, stop being ridiculous. As you know, I meant you have to accept FGM is a cultural issue, and not a religious issue. It is a fact.
I dont know how many young girls from this country are sent abroad to be mutilated Soulman, tell me?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
There's a huge difference between a preacher saying something and a religion condoning something. There are plenty of cases of Christian preachers preaching homophobia, intolerance and even death but I would never claim that ALL Christians think this way. If you can find a direct quote from the Quran condoning child grooming I'll concede the point.

I think you'll find woman are indeed seen as second class citizens in the eyes of many traditionalist within Catholic Church. Just because they don't stone women to death anymore doesn't mean that it's suddenly a progressive, pro-women religion.

Correct. They don't stone women anymore or behead. A bit more civilised and "progressive" than some eh.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Correct. They don't stone women anymore or behead. A bit more civilised and "progressive" than some eh.

But they're still not a shining beacon of equality. A lesser of two evils is still an evil.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Oh come on, stop being ridiculous. As you know, I meant you have to accept FGM is a cultural issue, and not a religious issue. It is a fact.
I dont know how many young girls from this country are sent abroad to be mutilated Soulman, tell me?

On the way to B'muff, maybe you could try and look up the info, there are figures for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here