Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Canadian Grand Prix

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Actually Marshy, Hamilton said after the race his car under-steered into Rosberg, so not really holding his line.

Made me smile though.

Maybe but thats very different to forcing someone wide or off the road.
Yep made me smile too, he's a winner, we need more like him.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
quite simple.... we love to knock a winner sadly

Whilst i have never been a great fan of Hamilton (I'd always prefer JB to win, but that's possibly because i live in his home town) i certainly don't knock him. Indeed i was delighted when he won yesterday.

I also think that more people are coming around to him. 4-5 years ago i hardly heard anyone say a good word about him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This season is more interesting than last season for a number of reasons:

1. Ferrari seem to be getting their act together and are developing a car that makes Vettel a real threat once again.
2. A combination of bad luck for Lewis and improved driving for Rosberg has given the German a points lead.
3. Red Bull have two very exciting drivers in Ricciardo and Verstappen.

That said, it's difficult to see any other outcome than another Lewis Driver's Championship.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

1. Ferrari seem to be getting their act together and are developing a car that makes Vettel a real threat once again.
2. A combination of bad luck for Lewis and improved driving for Rosberg has given the German a points lead.

That said, it's difficult to see any other outcome than another Lewis Driver's Championship.

Next two will be interesting. Baku, nobody has a clue about as it's the 1st GP there. Hungary favours the Red Bull and possibly the McLaren, two cars whose very competitive chassis are let down by underpowered engines. In Hungary out and out speed is not the be all and end all imo. I am predicting a Vestappen or Ricciardo pole there with a good showing by MClaren

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Vettel should be doing a lot better as he's had more bad luck/team decisions than the rest put together. Australia, Spain and Canada his team have made (in hindsight) really costly strategy calls, Bahrain engine went, China Raikkenon collided with him as did Kyat in Russia. He looked the business yesterday, but Ferrari again showed too eager a willingness to pit while you're leading the race.

What was great to see was the mutual respect and banter than Lewis and Seb seem to share. It would be great for F1 if Vettel can get himself into the championship running as Rosberg/Hamilton/Mercedes almost melt down under their own pressure, let alone a 4 time world champion breathing down their necks.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Vettel should be doing a lot better as he's had more bad luck/team decisions than the rest put together. Australia, Spain and Canada his team have made (in hindsight) really costly strategy calls, Bahrain engine went, China Raikkenon collided with him as did Kyat in Russia. He looked the business yesterday, but Ferrari again showed too eager a willingness to pit while you're leading the race.

What was great to see was the mutual respect and banter than Lewis and Seb seem to share. It would be great for F1 if Vettel can get himself into the championship running as Rosberg/Hamilton/Mercedes almost melt down under their own pressure, let alone a 4 time world champion breathing down their necks.

Agreed. The problem with Mercedes complete dominance is that you'll never get unfettered pure, all-out racing between Rosberg and Hamilton because the team's priority is winning the Constructor's Championship and that means getting both cars over the line. Rosberg and the team know triple World Champion Lewis is top dog, so Mercedes will try and keep head to head racing to a minimum and preferably get Lewis out ahead and let Rosberg block Vettel.

What we all want is rough car parity between Hamilton and Vettel so they can go out and thrill us.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
My favourite track up until a couple of years ago when I stopped watching F1 due to its utter dullness these days.

Car racing is often dull when measured in overtaking opportunities. I've watched the Ginetta juniors, Porshe Carrea's, Renault Clio and passing is nigh-on impossible without a shunt that spins one out akin to stock car racing.

At least with F1 there is DRS and tyre deg / compound variance to help create disparity between cars and thus increase overtaking opportunities. Or do these subtleties pass you by?

Have you tried watching MotoGP, British / World Superbikes - tends to be more "action".

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Car racing is often dull when measured in overtaking opportunities. I've watched the Ginetta juniors, Porshe Carrea's, Renault Clio and passing is nigh-on impossible without a shunt that spins one out akin to stock car racing.

At least with F1 there is DRS and tyre deg / compound variance to help create disparity between cars and thus increase overtaking opportunities. Or do these subtleties pass you by?

Have you tried watching MotoGP, British / World Superbikes - tends to be more "action".

Never been into bikes.

Thanks for pointing out the 'subtleties' of F1, and there was me thinking they just peddled them round. :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here