Can you see us getting another point.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams score 0

Jul 18, 2003
Rajasthan(india)
I fear the worse.Lucky if we get two more points.
Why can we not have one season of mid table .My blood pressure goes up alarmingly at this time every season.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Adams score 0 said:
I fear the worse.Lucky if we get two more points.
Why can we not have one season of mid table .My blood pressure goes up alarmingly at this time every season.
Rotherham is your only hope. Maybe you`ll get 4 more points.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Well the team we have on Saturday weve already beaten this season, surely thats a cue for a little optimism ?

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
There are plenty of teams who if we get in the right mind to play we cant take points off i reckon 7 points is a real chance of getting

Just need to play the way we did in the first half against coventry

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I can make a case for getting something out of all the games

Leicester - beatable at home + we due a result + luck
Burnley (a) - nothing to play for , below mid table team , following leicester we will be fired + confidence restored
West Ham (h) - big game we seem to do better at home
Rotherham (a) - relgated + beatable
Ipswich (h) - may well be promoted by then and have nothing to play for

surely that's a fair call ?

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I agree dougal.

But we could also so easily lose the lot.

Time will tell.

I am still confident.
If we beat Leicester that could spearhead a mini run, but if we lose, I don't know if the confidence will recover.

SING UP SATDEE!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Eggman said:

If we beat Leicester that could spearhead a mini run, but if we lose, I don't know if the confidence will recover.

Would agree with that. We definately need to make the Withdean as noisy as it can be on Sat.

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Repugnant Toad said:
We better had - I think 7 points is the minimum we'll need. I can see us needed to beat Ipswich on the last day.
no chance! 1 of the teams in that little pack will only get a point or 2 in there last 5 games!

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
Why not 6 points though? Although we have a "tough" run-in I don't believe that any of the games are unwinnable. We have West Ham (who we've already beaten) and Ipswich at home and we've took points off Preston, Leeds and Sunderland down here already so why can't we pull off another win? Leicester is IMO probably going to be the easiest game and we have to pick up all three points to have any chance of staying up.

On the road we have Rotherham which will be a tough game as they will be wanting to restore some pride after being relegated but I have faith that we will be win and Burnley who will also provide a tough game, although as it is so tight at the bottom we will probably have to pick up some points away from home.

But, like some have been commenting, to say we are definately down would be silly, keep the faith.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Every game we have left is winable.

The players need some luck. We must be due some luck because since Stoke it seems asthough we have run over every black cat in Sussex.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I expect us to get something out of the next 2 games. We could lose to West Ham as they'll probably be up for a playoff spot (and they could do a 'Palace' with a late run). I do expect us to beat Rotherham if we approach the game with anything like the confidence we showed against Coventry and the last match could see us just needing to draw (although we might not know it beforehand). I think we'll stay up - just.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Ernest said:
Realistically after last nights result Forest are down with Rotherham so it's only one relegation place left.
I cannot see Watford getting to 50 points and possibly Gillingham either so it's still 2 wins needed which it was a month ago.

Thats mildly optomistic from you earnest .. :clap2:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
KinkyGoebels said:
As was Preston

that just bolsters my point though, we lost 3 - 0 away and won at home, we WON away to Leicester so we should dick them at home

:lolol:

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
we shall beat Leicester at home and then the whole atmoshpere of the club changes...some players need to dig deep i am looking for chippy and charlie to perform on saturday and get us enough ball to get the goals we are going to need and that may only be one against Leicester !!! KEEP THE FAITH WE HAVE BEEN HERE BEFORE... :clap2:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i can seriously see us getting another 7 !

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
saltash seagull said:
no chance! 1 of the teams in that little pack will only get a point or 2 in there last 5 games!

But we're already three adrift of Crewe (with goal difference) ... is it that implausible that they'll find one win and a draw from their five games? They haven't survived this long in the division through luck.

If Watford continue to bomb, then maybe less than 7 will be needed ~ but they still have some decent players, and Gillingham look likely to pull away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports