Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you re heat porridge?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Love porridge (the staple breakfast dish, not the corny 80s comedy show).

Throw in some honey, yoghurt, banana and nuts and that keeps me going through most of the day.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
It'll be dry as f***.... I would just chuck it and make more in the AM unless you are out of milk/porridge.... Can't help feel this is :fishing:

Well no, I did look it up before posting, apparently you can add some water before heating it up to insure it doesn't dry out as you say...

...conflicting thoughts

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Don't you know any bears? Bears love porridge.

images-1.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just as I was beginning to think that I had learnt every possible use for oats I got a surprise on my recent trip to North Norfolk.

More than just Porridge, oats are used in cuisine from bread to black pudding. In beauty products from face scrubs to hand creams. You can even put a little dish of them in the fridge to absorb odours. Whilst I was aware of these uses I was amazed to find they have a use for….

Morston Mussels

Staying in the lovely town of Sheringham I had popped into ‘Richards Fish Shop’ to snap up the catch of the day. I was guided by proprietor Mrs Little to try the Moston Mussels and given a recipe sheet full of serving suggestions. And low and behold there was the new use for oats….

“Mussels – These must always be bought alive and absolutely fresh. As soon as possible put them into a pail of cold salted water and throw away any mussels with open or broken shells. If time allows, sprinkle a little oatmeal into the water. The live mussels will feed on the oatmeal and excrete their dirt”

The Morston Mussels were delicious, maybe it was the oatmeal or just maybe it was the care with which they are managed, grown and sold.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Newsflash * it ain't the 1960's anymore

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just as I was beginning to think that I had learnt every possible use for oats I got a surprise on my recent trip to North Norfolk.

More than just Porridge, oats are used in cuisine from bread to black pudding. In beauty products from face scrubs to hand creams. You can even put a little dish of them in the fridge to absorb odours. Whilst I was aware of these uses I was amazed to find they have a use for….

Morston Mussels

Staying in the lovely town of Sheringham I had popped into ‘Richards Fish Shop’ to snap up the catch of the day. I was guided by proprietor Mrs Little to try the Moston Mussels and given a recipe sheet full of serving suggestions. And low and behold there was the new use for oats….

“Mussels – These must always be bought alive and absolutely fresh. As soon as possible put them into a pail of cold salted water and throw away any mussels with open or broken shells. If time allows, sprinkle a little oatmeal into the water. The live mussels will feed on the oatmeal and excrete their dirt”

The Morston Mussels were delicious, maybe it was the oatmeal or just maybe it was the care with which they are managed, grown and sold.

Apparently some oats in a fine net bag in the bath can alleviate skin complaints like eczema.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Apparently some oats in a fine net bag in the bath can alleviate skin complaints like eczema.
Even in the darkest moments of my time with eczema the porridge oats theory never got tested. Just seemed that little bit too weird.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here