Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you prove you are a Brightonian in five words?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That was a test. The Who changed their name to the High Numbers back in 1964, and then changed back again soon afterwards. They played the Aquarium during this period.

The Starlight Rooms in Montpelier Road was Brighton's most successful club in the mod-era mid 60s, featuring headline acts like Gary Farr and the T-Bones, The Giants and the Blues Creatures.

This is like a conversation with my father. He was on the scene and has mentioned all this to me. :thumbsup:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Born and lived in Brighton for over 30 years before moving out this way, never heard anyone call it the Withdean until the Albion played there.

I think the sign near the stadium now says Withdean Sports Complex, I suppose that covers the gym, tennis courts and the stadium.

Iam 68 years old and lived in Westdene from 1957
5 mins walk from the Withdean
it was always known as the Withdean

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Iam 68 years old and lived in Westdene from 1957
5 mins walk from the Withdean
it was always known as the Withdean

It was known as the Withdean by you.
But if you have any proof it was officially called ' The Withdean ' rather than Withdean Stadium I will be surprised.

I have heard Brighton Race course called Race Hill, I've always called it the Race Hill.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
"The Court" Gloucester Place.
Fawcett Annexe.
Roller disco at The Suite.
Black Rock swimming pool
Squirrel on the menu at Browns.......then off after protests.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It was known as the Withdean by you.
But if you have any proof it was officially called ' The Withdean ' rather than Withdean Stadium I will be surprised.

I have heard Brighton Race course called Race Hill, I've always called it the Race Hill.

most of the people I knew that called it the Withdean are dead now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here