Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you prove you are a Brightonian in five words?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A TRUE Brightonian knows it is simply Withdean Stadium:rolleyes:

Absolute bobbins, I could introduce you to one, possibly two people, born, bred and living in Brighton who used to run at The Withdean before it became our home ground, and they have always refered to it as The Withdean. Get over it, some people say things differently, it's not a problem, it's not a sin, and it doesn't change whether you are a Brightonian or not.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Absolute bobbins, I could introduce you to one, possibly two people, born, bred and living in Brighton who used to run at The Withdean before it became our home ground, and they have always refered to it as The Withdean. Get over it, some people say things differently, it's not a problem, it's not a sin, and it doesn't change whether you are a Brightonian or not.

as a teenager I lived 5 mins from the Withdean it was always called that (I also ran there for my school)
horse jumping there too
done a little courting there too
and in the far distant past I can remember my Mum taking me to the Zoo there

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Ever heard anyone referring to Wembley Stadium as "The Wembley " ?
No, thought not.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ever heard anyone referring to Wembley Stadium as "The Wembley " ?
No, thought not.

Maybe not, but as you can see by previous posts on this thread, there are others who have refered to Withdean Stadium as The Withdean, from before the Albion played there, including people who are from Brighton. And there have been many, many more since we played there who now refer to it as The Withdean. :shrug:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Maybe not, but as you can see by previous posts on this thread, there are others who have refered to Withdean Stadium as The Withdean, from before the Albion played there, including people who are from Brighton. And there have been many, many more since we played there who now refer to it as The Withdean. :shrug:

Born and lived in Brighton for over 30 years before moving out this way, never heard anyone call it the Withdean until the Albion played there.

I think the sign near the stadium now says Withdean Sports Complex, I suppose that covers the gym, tennis courts and the stadium.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Withdean Stadium once Brighton Zoo

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
We're the High Numbers also the group that regularly played, mainly Stax and Atlantic covers, at the Starlight Rooms?
That was a test. The Who changed their name to the High Numbers back in 1964, and then changed back again soon afterwards. They played the Aquarium during this period.

The Starlight Rooms in Montpelier Road was Brighton's most successful club in the mod-era mid 60s, featuring headline acts like Gary Farr and the T-Bones, The Giants and the Blues Creatures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here