Can you name this ex-Albion player?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Has anyone got a picture of Ashley Neal in an Albion shirt? He would be ideal as my avatar but I've not found anything suitable on google.

I will have a look when I get home...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Has anyone got a picture of Ashley Neal in an Albion shirt? He would be ideal as my avatar but I've not found anything suitable on google.

As promised, here is somewhere in this shot before the Fulham home match in 1996/97:

1996-97fulham.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So which one is Ashley Neal?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thanks. Anyone can confirm?

I think he is right.

I believe the line-up is:-

Back row: Stuart Storer, Ashley Neal, Jason Peake, Nicky Rust, Gary Hobson, Craig Maskell, Derek Allan.

Front row: George Parris, 2 mascots, Paul McDonald, Ross Johnson, Kevin McGarrigle.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yep, that's him.

The red badge was produced as it showed up better on the shirts and the sponsor name and numbers on the back.

Thank you! In which case, I've found another of him...

ashleyneal.jpg

(second to right)

"Unable to get a look in at Liverpool, the son of Phil, the former England full back, was loaned to Brighton last September and had to endure a torrid league baptism in the leaky Seagulls defence, playing eight consecutive matches during which only one point was gathered, before returning to Anfield. Transferred to Huddersfield in December, but failing to get a regular place there, the uncompromising, hard-tackling full back signed for Peterborough on non-contract terms and played the last four games of the campaign in a side doomed for the third division."

Footballers Factfile.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He looks like Le Tissiers Irish cousin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here