Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you listen to match commentary on an iPhone?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I don't like to say I told you so...

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
It's deffo changed since I last tried it :( oh well, I will just go downstairs to my mates pub :)

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Probably my internet connection but anybody else got intermittent stops in the Player commentary ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Probably my internet connection but anybody else got intermittent stops in the Player commentary ?

It's not you. Have a peek at the match thread

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Sadly I think the entire setup the FL has got with the firm doing all their web stuff is bollocks. The websites are crap, the Player is crap, and every match, every teams Player doesn't work

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sadly I think the entire setup the FL has got with the firm doing all their web stuff is bollocks. The websites are crap, the Player is crap, and every match, every teams Player doesn't work

Yep someone at the FL really needs to look at the contract, the websites they produce are shocking.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney

Only our Player seems to be the one that dosen't work, most of us listening over here last night switched to Birmingham coverage without a problem. If your on the FL app then always try the oppositions commentary if ours fails.
I really think it's about time the club did something about this and just turning a blind eye because it's being run by an outside source is no longer good enough especially when paying good money for a service were not getting.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
No it doesn't it is completely random if it appears or not. I haven't been able to get it at all this season except about 5 mins ago when it wouldn't connect and then the play button disappeared

That's odd. I switched to the FL app on my iPad after reading this thread, selected BHA as club went into text commentary and there was the button for live audio and listened to the rest of the game perfectly, not once did Cantor/Aspinall break up.

Very odd that, I assumed the problem was at their end, with equipment or something but seemingly not.

Anyway there's a solution for those with iPhone/pad

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Only our Player seems to be the one that dosen't work, most of us listening over here last night switched to Birmingham coverage without a problem. If your on the FL app then always try the oppositions commentary if ours fails.
I really think it's about time the club did something about this and just turning a blind eye because it's being run by an outside source is no longer good enough especially when paying good money for a service were not getting.

It may seem that way, but the club does not run the system, the club provides the commentary, the firm (Sapient Nitro?) who run it, deal with the 'transmission'. It is definitely not just 'us' who complains about the Player. Recognise the comments here? http://www.badappreviews.com/iosapps/68242/football-league-official-clubs-app

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Apart from 2 blips yesterday, the radio commentary was fine. To listen to the commentary you have to login to player from the settings after choosing your team. Then select the match from the list of games, under the score you will see a play button appear, sometimes this won't appear till after the game has kicked off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here