Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you keep up?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You fuckwit, that's not banter.

Banter is if Poyet had said it last year, and we won, then you turn the phrase back on us. It wasn't, Adkins said it - and we won, putting egg on his face. All you've done is repeat Adkins, and risk embarrassment again - not humiliate us or Poyet.

Ben-Hur-scale Fail. :facepalm:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I thought we'd finished our bizarre little war of words last year? We've got more important things to concentrate on this year thanks.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
And your fans called us obsessed :facepalm:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't think we will, Saints are a better team than we are. They'll be top two for sure. But we have better long term potential.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Can you keep up? Just saying. come on you saints!

Probably not this year son but as TLO says, that was Nigel's silly quote from last season and he ended up looking like a silly boy.

A reminder for you; Portsmouth are your rivals, not us.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
I know your not rivals, I know adkins made him self look silly, just abit of fun really?

I am happy brighton are doing well, I would love to see us both go up.

as much as I hate to say it...... gus poyet is class.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I don't think we will, Saints are a better team than we are. They'll be top two for sure. But we have better long term potential.

Top two for sure? I wouldn't go that far. West Ham, Leicester, Boro will be battling it out with them. Play-offs look pretty nailed on from their start but it is still very early days.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
You could tell from our games last season Southampton were better than every other team bar ourselves. They were strong, powerful & athletic. Why more teams didn't try and press us higher up the pitch I will never know? Maybe they weren't fit enough?

If we finish above the saints I would be delighted as they have a great chance of automatic promotion. I honestly believe we are both one of five teams capable of winning the league this season.

larus

Agree with this. However, they do seem a bit reliant on Lallana. Their results dropped noticably when he was out last season; we don't seem so reliant on any one player, and just had a bad day at the office on Sat. Let's see how we're all doing after 10 games.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
We're quick enough to give it out when we were top so can't see why people are whining about it being given back. We'll do very, very well to finish ahead of them this year

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Last season you couldn't keep up with us, nobody could.

This season I can't see us being able to keep up with you and I wish you all the best with your season.

Up the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here