Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can you imagine what NSC would have been like many years ago

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
at the time the Oxford 0-3 was a shocker

weren't they 3 up at half time? fella called Cassels?

but in hindsight they were on the way up and we were on the way down

I think Oxford even won the League Cup a few seasons later

Struggling to remember their manager,don't think it was Jim Smith,a fella with grey hair?

Yep Keith Cassells. Oxford were Div 3 at the time. We scraped past Barnet the previous round after a replay . I remember there was a bus strike on that day and took us hours to get home

Not quite up there with the Sudbury match though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Some of the reactions on here....

Imagine the Walton and hersham game, the leatherhead game, Oxford United , Kingstonian etc.

Yesterday we just didn’t turn up and it was a tad alarming how our game cannot be adapted to dispatch a poor side. Tippy across the back bollocks was not what we wanted...knocky hammering down the wing was what we needed.

But at the end of the day, losing at home to leatherhead and Kelly the lip was the most horrendous of days. Yesterday, because of the way that people dismiss the fa cup as an irrelevance, it will be forgotten very quickly!
It would be the same as it was 10-12 years ago.

Slade out
Wilkins out
Taylor out
Hinchlewood definitely out
Coppell out
Maghee out
Horton out
Have I forgotten anyone? There was a double act for a bit but can't remember who.

Poyet in.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
From memory it often looked something like this.

DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yep Keith Cassells. Oxford were Div 3 at the time. We scraped past Barnet the previous round after a replay . I remember there was a bus strike on that day and took us hours to get home

Not quite up there with the Sudbury match though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sudbury was really bad. Both games-being outplayed by plumbers, plasterers, nurses and postmen.

Walton and Hersham was bad- for the away game I had a very deaf and very loud Eric Sykes a couple of rows behind me. The less said about the replay the better.

Bristol Rovers was awful.

Saturday was disappointing-nothing more in my eyes.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Kingstonian also goes into that bracket....that was a horrible day all round.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
25 years ago or so, I went to Canvey Island to watch an FA Cup match.....admittedly we didn't lose, but **** me that's a lifetime away from losing 0-1 against Wednesday.

But you are right, NSC 20 plus years ago (before, during and after 'the troubles') would have been very interesting

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Chris Kelly , if I remember correctly was singed by Millwall after his cup exploits but didn't cut it there .

His stay at Millwall was very brief. He played eleven games for them before going back to Leatherhead that same year (1975).
I'm not sure if this is a photo of him arriving or leaving....
gettyimages-72451157-2048x2048-01.jpeg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
25 years ago or so, I went to Canvey Island to watch an FA Cup match.....admittedly we didn't lose, but **** me that's a lifetime away from losing 0-1 against Wednesday.

But you are right, NSC 20 plus years ago (before, during and after 'the troubles') would have been very interesting

Oh damn...I tried to put canvey island out of my memory.

That reminded me of the Millwall surgical masks game at the goldstone.

Absolutely horrible bunch of Neanderthal thugs to a man! Worst set of fans I have ever come across. Seem to remember a lot of oil workers who were basically West Ham fans who actually made propper West Ham fans seem like little pussy cats.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The problem yesterday wasn't pissing around the back or tip-toeing through the midfield, it was the complete lack of desire on the part of the players. The way we play, with the emphasis on technical ability, should have been more than enough to get rid of Sheffield Wednesday, but the players just didn't do it. They looked like they couldn't give a flying **** about the 20,000-odd people who had shelled out £15 to watch them.

Disgraceful attitude.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
From memory it often looked something like this.

DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE DAVE_THE_EAGLE

:lolol:

Happy days! I think...

And to think, with dial-up instead of broadband, I had to wait for about 3 minutes for the page to load just so I could read that!

Mind you, the ability to sign off your post as any other poster was quite fun.

Mr Putdown

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Some of the reactions on here....

Imagine the Walton and hersham game, the leatherhead game, Oxford United , Kingstonian etc.

Yesterday we just didn’t turn up and it was a tad alarming how our game cannot be adapted to dispatch a poor side. Tippy across the back bollocks was not what we wanted...knocky hammering down the wing was what we needed.

But at the end of the day, losing at home to leatherhead and Kelly the lip was the most horrendous of days. Yesterday, because of the way that people dismiss the fa cup as an irrelevance, it will be forgotten very quickly!

I remember when Kit Napier used to post on here, he was very eloquent at using the English language in a Scottish type humour, which would give HWT a run for his linguistics :lolol:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
:lolol:

Happy days! I think...

And to think, with dial-up instead of broadband, I had to wait for about 3 minutes for the page to load just so I could read that!

Mind you, the ability to sign off your post as any other poster was quite fun.

Mr Putdown

I’d forgotten about the fact we were all on dial up back then, his posts were painful to download whoever you supported. :D

Trouble is with me I want my beloved Brighton to win every game and every cup we enter as I love the publicity a cup run brings and love my team to be lauded in press on TV etc. Etc. When we lose it makes me moody even sulk at times that's what football does. Likewise when we win play well score worldy goals like against Chelsea it makes us happy and buzzing. I wouldn't go as far as some in criticism but when it appears team can't be bothered that makes it feel worse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here