[Drinking] Can you guess the beer by its logo?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Coors was once only sold in the western US and illegal to sell even in the eastern US. The movie Smokey and the Bandit with Bert Reynolds was about "the Bandit" hauling a load of Coors Beer to the southern US before it was legal.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7Syx/coors-banquet-the-banquet-beer

It's brewed in the Rocky Mountains in a suburb of Denver, Colorado called Golden. That is the Coors family tasting their beer at the end of that advert.

Keystone beer is also brewed in Golden, Colorado so it was a tricky one.

Last edited:

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
23/25 - in full disclosure I am in the beer business and in the States, so that helped. That Coors one did me in.

As far a I am concerned, Coors should still be illegal. Foul no beer stuff.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Yeah mate, first turn of the key - remarkable. I did report it that day, but the topic was quite rightly well off everyone's radar by then. Ive just spent 3 days in Southern Arizona, so and extreme few weeks of weather. Sitting in PHX airport waiting for the 1159p to Newark. Great time to do beer quizzes and catch up on latest NSC binfests.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Yeah mate, first turn of the key - remarkable. I did report it that day, but the topic was quite rightly well off everyone's radar by then. Ive just spent 3 days in Southern Arizona, so and extreme few weeks of weather. Sitting in PHX airport waiting for the 1159p to Newark. Great time to do beer quizzes and catch up on latest NSC binfests.

I once spent New Year's Eve holiday in PHX airport waiting for a flight to Chicago and watched the fireworks explode over the PHX skyline as the city celebrated a happy NY 2001.

Glad you were able to leave Minnesota. Heard it was -20 C there recently.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
10. FFS.

For about another 10, I could narrow it down to 2. I then managed to guess the wrong one every single time. :nono:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The secret history of Special Brew:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-30795336

The brand enjoys 37 million UK off-trade sales each year, says Chris Wisson, senior drinks analyst at Mintel.

Oh and indeed my :ohmy:

Surely Special Brew is just the high-density as-brewed version of Carlsberg lager, packaged up? All the big lager brewers brew high density (i.e. high ABV) beer, then water it down to the right strength, as it saves huge amounts of space at the fermentation and conditioning stages (and hence, also money). Not all of them admit it though. Most of them also package up a portion of the high-density brew without watering it down, then market it as 'super strength premium lager', making it it's been brewed specially to some secret recipe. It hasn't.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
16 - quite a few lucky guesses, mind

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports