[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I have a feeling a deal has been done somewhere already with Sanchez. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. If it's an epl team I can't see him getting a very good reception.
Would def get a clap - not like he’s done anything wrong for us. Shame as I don’t see much in him and Steele really and we need 2 strong keepers if we get Europe.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I hope when Sanchez goes it's not on bad terms considering we brought him through.

Talking of which, yesterday happened to be the eighth anniversary of the first thread about him on NSC, when literally no-one had a clue who he was:-

Who is Albion goalkeeper Robert Sanchez?

Eight years - bloody hell. There has been a fair amount of water under the Albion bridge since that thread was started ....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I have a feeling a deal has been done somewhere already with Sanchez. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. If it's an epl team I can't see him getting a very good reception.
Yes. Was the quote from RDZ “we agreed Robert would not be playing” or something?

Much like Joao Pedro being emitted from the last few Watford squads.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yes. Was the quote from RDZ “we agreed Robert would not be playing” or something?

Much like Joao Pedro being emitted from the last few Watford squads.

This "already signed for another club" stuff is a stretch. Not like he'd injure himself on the bench.

I take it as: Sanchez was told he's not starting against Arsenal, and threw a strop. RDZ told him he shouldn't travel...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Would def get a clap - not like he’s done anything wrong for us. Shame as I don’t see much in him and Steele really and we need 2 strong keepers if we get Europe.
But if he's not done anything wrong, why's he not on the bench?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But if he's not done anything wrong, why's he not on the bench?
Yeh difficult to know I guess. Unless a move away has been agreed and nobody has hold of it? I just worry we’re booing too many ex players (rightfully tbh though) at mo so will wait til I hear some facts!

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
I wonder if losing Sanchez could prove to be De Zerbi's first big mistake? I only watch us on MOTD, highlight reels, and the occasional free-to-air televised match, but I'm sure I've seen Sanchez pinging out some damn decent passes, both short and long - was that passing level really bad enough to drop him? I realise Steele is doing well, but I'd rather have Big Bob's stopping and dominating his area ability - is Steele's footwork really that much better?
In a word. Yes. He’s been a revelation.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
This "already signed for another club" stuff is a stretch. Not like he'd injure himself on the bench.

I take it as: Sanchez was told he's not starting against Arsenal, and threw a strop. RDZ told him he shouldn't travel...
He probably thought he would get a game after the 5-1 loss but Steele wasn’t necessarily to fault for much of that performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports