[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
I definitely think he got the shanks after the CP mistake and has had a bit of a confidence crisis since then. Probably also a bit burned out from such a long season including the World Cup, and lost focus. It'd be great to see him get both back.
Unfortunately he lost his mojo way back in the pre-season games. Made a stupid error in one of these games (I think it was against a Spanish team) that cost us a goal. He has made silly errors every so often since then. The same way Maty Ryan had a bad period, got dropped for Bob and was then given the big heave ho, Sanchez' form has been all over the shop this season and he was eventually dropped.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Unlucky with the pens, good saves, pretty solid, no flapping.. If I'm being picky, didn't always make the right pass when playing out. One near end of first half nearly cost us dearly.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
1. Great positioning and saves, kept us in it.
2. Distribution miles behind Steele’s.
3. Can’t save a pen. Kelleher, reportedly leaving Liverpool, is a penalties master …. Wembley a year ago.
You reckon Kelleher was saving any of those pens ?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
1. Great positioning and saves, kept us in it.
2. Distribution miles behind Steele’s.
3. Can’t save a pen. Kelleher, reportedly leaving Liverpool, is a penalties master …. Wembley a year ago.
Agree. Great attitude and excellent keeping, the save from Rashford’s deflected effort was fantastic, but De Zerbi is right, his distribution just isn’t as good as Steele’s.

Personally I’m bringing Steele back in when fit.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Sanchez must be officially the worst penalty keeper in English football? He must have faced what 20+ by now and has saved zero. As soon as it went to pens I knew we were toast with him between the sticks.’

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Sanchez must be officially the worst penalty keeper in English football? He must have faced what 20+ by now and has saved zero. As soon as it went to pens I knew we were toast with him between the sticks.’
I think De Gea is worse. Can’t remember the stat exactly but he has a pretty awful record. He didn’t get near any of ours either today. Spanish thing?!

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
RDZ missed a trick today. Sanchez was great in the game but should have been subbed off in the last few minutes of extra time for Steele. Steele is a proven penalty saver while Big Bob ...well. It would have been a brave move and taken "Big Balls" but we might have won if it had been done.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought he had a good game, but agreed the kicking was terrible. Not done himself many favours still. Got a hand to a penalty so a bit unlucky but thought we were keeping sub back for Steele …

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
RDZ missed a trick today. Sanchez was great in the game but should have been subbed off in the last few minutes of extra time for Steele. Steele is a proven penalty saver while Big Bob ...well. It would have been a brave move and taken "Big Balls" but we might have won if it had been done.
That thought occurred to me too, at the time on the match day thread.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Personal opinion - Jason Steele is the better keeper by a long way. Never feel comfortable with Sanchez in goal. Never felt Sanchez was going to be our hero in the penalty shoot out

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
He saved one against ward prowse but wp scored on the follow up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports