[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Can we get rid of this moron ? A mistake a game Sanchez !!!!

Put Steele in or get a normal keeper who doesn’t thing he’s to cool.

Pissed off.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove

Pissed off.

I think you're a bit of a moron for this post. I think we should get rid of you.

Or maybe you're allowed a mistake every now and then and I'm just being obtuse.

Sanchez is a top young keeper. Even elite keepers make mistakes. Keeper mistakes are always visible and costly.

We're so lucky to have top young talents such as Sanchez.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Pissed off.
I'd agree he needs competition in order to uphis game, which is basically cutting out brain farts.

however, we mised at least half a dozen sitters. We should have been at least 3 up by that point and we'd be laughing about it.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I think you're a bit of a moron for this post. I think we should get rid of you.

Or maybe you're allowed a mistake every now and then and I'm just being obtuse.

Sanchez is a top young keeper. Even elite keepers make mistakes. Keeper mistakes are always visible and costly.

We're so lucky to have top young talents such as Sanchez.
I don't disagree with that. However, the whole ' Mr Cool' persona from Sanchez does rather irk with me. And we can rest easy about him going anywhere soon as those errors will be noted more than the good stuff he does.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
That was an awful mistake and I think time on the bench would serve Mr Cool good.

He’s got away with lots of mistakes, just they haven’t been punished. He couldn’t catch a football !!!!!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Pissed off.
'...doesn't thing he's to cool.'?

Pipe down you div.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's a terrible mistake, but we can't blame the result on him, should've been 4-1 or 5-1 if we'd managed to finish off some fairly easy chances
Well, he had a HUGE part in it at least! Nah, he needs to own that mistake. Others missed chances but that was a monumental f*** up.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd agree he needs competition in order to uphis game, which is basically cutting out brain farts.

however, we mised at least half a dozen sitters. We should have been at least 3 up by that point and we'd be laughing about it.
I'm not sure I buy into this needing competition to up your game. Doesn't always happen that your place being at risk improves performance. Obviously you want as good as you can in your squad to challenge for places, but that is not the same as just having the threat of losing that place hanging over a player.

Keepers are like drummers, they're a weird breed.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He’s generally done well and we all make mistakes . Only human etc
But what was shocking was the (lack of ) technique . It didn’t slip though his hands so much as his arms were crossed. You would have thought the technique would be taken care of by muscle memory but his arms were all over the place. Very strange.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

This.

Is the basics/regulation saves where he too often balls it up.

Shot stopping he's exceptional.

A young David De Gea?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
It's a terrible mistake, but we can't blame the result on him, should've been 4-1 or 5-1 if we'd managed to finish off some fairly easy chances
Exactly this

phoenix

May 18, 2009

The subject is Sanchez and yes he needs someone pushing him. He does make a lot of errors and i have defended him against my mates who have constantly mention the obvious he's a good young keeper who needs to be pressurized to get the best out of him. I don't know if i would have the big balls to replace him with Steele i guess no would be the answer. Oh yes and i do blame Potter for this we should have 2 good goalkeepers pressing for the shirt.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I've been a staunch defender of Rob but that was schoolboy stuff today. There's a line between the benefits of being able to play out from the back and doing the basics...

Having said that, everyone makes mistakes, had VAR not been on one and had Mac not missed his chances, it wouldn't have even mattered. Just learn the lesson Rob, FFS. No need to go piling in on him, but this cannot happen again if we are going to be serious contenders for top 6.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports