[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not on here, this thread is only allowed to be bounced when he makes a mistake :D

He dropped a clanger in the 2nd minute yesterday! It was so bad that I assumed he must've been fouled. Tremendous game apart from that though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He dropped a clanger in the 2nd minute yesterday! It was so bad that I assumed he must've been fouled. Tremendous game apart from that though.

Yep - but imagine every player having a thread detailing every mistake they made...........2/3 fantastic saves again yesterday

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Robbie had a mid season dip. This is absolutely inevitable for a young player with limited top level experience. He's come very strong towards the end of the season and he looks well set for a slot in the Spain world cup squad

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Looking very much like he's back to his best.

It's good to see him come out of his loss of form/confidence. Goalkeeper is a position that can swallow you up if you let it so it was a real test of character for him to come through.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I would like to think that VAR might have intervened had that early goal gone in. The bloke clearly jumps straight into Sanchez and isn’t really going for the ball. Would have been an interesting one.

Top corner save off Rafinha was brilliant.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He’s been incredible of late. By his late twenties he is going to be one of the very best in the World. I did feel he could’ve had a rest when his form so obviously dipped but my word he’s not let that effect him. What a player and what a guy!

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Watching the 'We're on our way' documentary the other day, one of the things that REALLY stood out was the difference in ability of the goalkeepers. Yes, Stockdale made some wonderful saves (and double saves), but there is no way he would be able to move around to stop some of the shots that Bobby (or even Ryan) have made over the past few seasons.

And I was gutted when Stockdale left, although I guess it proves the point that the club knows what it's doing and realises that there is always room for improvement in any position. Sanchez had an amazing end to the season – credit to him for coming through a relatively dodgy few performances to get back to his best.

Class keeper and I hope we can keep hold of him for a while...

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
The guy is a top-end goaltender. He will have a big career I hope.
(I am still unsure if I am posting correctly on this site - hopefully this works!) :albion2:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Exceptional at present, but still makes a few errors so he can actually be better than exceptional.

Happily this means none of the Top 6 will come sniffing around just yet.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Exceptional at present, but still makes a few errors so he can actually be better than exceptional.

Happily this means none of the Top 6 will come sniffing around just yet.

Unfortunately 100% of all keepers make a few errors so I don't think that would stop top teams.

Thankfully pretty much every top team in Europe got their goalie situation settled. I see zero chance of him moving this summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports