[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just watched Match of the day, did he a touch on the free kick that hit the bar? Great save if he did.ⁿ

I've looked at like a hundred times in super-slowmo and cant give a definite answer... I think he might not have touched it, but that his hand prevented it from bouncing from the bar and in. And that if it had initially been on goal he would have saved it. But also possible he did indeed touch it.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I've looked at like a hundred times in super-slowmo and cant give a definite answer... I think he might not have touched it, but that his hand prevented it from bouncing from the bar and in. And that if it had initially been on goal he would have saved it. But also possible he did indeed touch it.

Busy day?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It shouldn't be underestimated how brave that performance was. He's been erratic all season and has looked down on confidence the past few games so to perform like that, particularly how dominant he was in the second half takes a lot of courage. He had complete control of his penalty box in the second half and was claiming crosses majestically.

Hopefully that will serve s the spring board for the rest of the season and he'll show that form consistently over the remaining games.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Am I the only person that seeing as where he was standing (covering that side of the goal) he should have saved the free kick?

He would have but for the step he took to his left, not giving him any time to recover to his right. Personally, I don't think he's at fault for the goal.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Am I the only person that seeing as where he was standing (covering that side of the goal) he should have saved the free kick?

If it goes over the wall yes, because then he can follow the trajectory and make the save. In this case it goes through the wall (which isnt supposed to happen and the boys in the wall have to take the blame) and just sees it too late and there's not much he can do about it.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon

I thought he dominated the area for crosses and made a good stop in the second half (holding onto the ball "old school" style, when others might have parried it), but I thought he should haved done better with the free kick.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
If it goes over the wall yes, because then he can follow the trajectory and make the save. In this case it goes through the wall (which isnt supposed to happen and the boys in the wall have to take the blame) and just sees it too late and there's not much he can do about it.

Actually, it goes to the side of the wall and where Romeu was blocking the sight of Sanchez.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Matt Upson on the commentary certainly did

I didn't watch any stream but the reporter live from the Amex described it as 'not the usual free kick the JWP normally takes'. He tends to go over the wall, which is what Sanchez was prepared for.
Two Southampton players also disrupted the wall.

[tweet]1518229797683572738[/tweet]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can we talk about Sanchez?

Yes of course we can - provided that you remember that it's only pernissible when you want to talk about something you think he may have done wrong.

P.S. I didn't think attacking players were supposed to be allowed to stand in and disrupt the wall now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports