Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dare I suggest, that had we played Steele in goal for the semi-final at Wembley, I have no doubts we would playing there again a week Saturday.
Sanchez did make some good saves in that game, we don't know that Steele would have.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Going out for a very public dinner while we’re playing & not watching the game seems like an intentional move by him to bring attention to what’s going on, and stir things up more. Silly boy.
I think you might be giving Sanchez too much credit, he doesn’t come across as being a Mensa candidate.

He’s clearly got an ego, he’s one of the very few players who turns up on match day in a ‘super car’, most of the other players are in fairly understated motors and leave the £200k mobiles at home, not Bob.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
100% trust from Tony in RdeZ……..in turn meaning RdeZ trusts Tony. Exactly how it should be done - imagine it’s the Sanchez and Trossard situations he’s talking about. Really great to see the NDP seems to be stronger than ever.

Hope things turn out well for Big Bob, but pretty pisspoor behaviour on his part.
Loved the way that, after the interview on Sky, they walked off with their arms round each other. I think that sent a massive signal to everyone that they are bonded.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The thought occurs that RDZ has an Alex Ferguson sort of thing going on.

The squad would run through walls for Ferguson but anybody who was distracted or made waves got shipped out sharpish. No messing. Even Beckham.

Sound familiar?

Funnily enough, I was thinking of a Ferguson comparison this morning. In his last season Man utd won the title with a team that on paper shouldn't have. He gave the players belief that they were world beaters. Anderson, Johnny Evans and Nani picked up winners medals that season.

Last night, Van Hecke was told to go one on one against Haarland and he was fantastic. Whatever he said, it's clearly inspirational. We've got a team of kids outplaying one of the best teams in world football.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think you might be giving Sanchez too much credit, he doesn’t come across as being a Mensa candidate.

He’s clearly got an ego, he’s one of the very few players who turns up on match day in a ‘super car’, most of the other players are in fairly understated motors and leave the £200k mobiles at home, not Bob.

Totally agree.

I came across photos and official social media releases where Sanchez had just taken over from Ryan and I think there was a new contract. February 2021. He came across as a very humble and grateful (6’6” :lolol:) kid, he looked a different person.

Just two years on, from afar it appears his ego has irrationally taken over. Is there a sh1t-stirring agent?

I suspect we’ve seen the last of him. I’d wager that TB is unperturbed, we’ll sting a buying club and he has a superior replacement itching to sign.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sanchez is a conidence player and has an inbuilt ricket.. could be as good as De Gea but also as risky and I don't thinkw e can afford such a keeper. Steels has better delivery but is not of the quality of Steele.

If McGill or Rushworth show real potential and the Dutch beanpole has had a good season maybe we can stay with what we've got but if not we need another keeper and maybe sell on Sanchez to a Spanish team as profit of even loan.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
My view is that Sanchez behaviour is carefully calculated. He wants to get a move to a better paying club and he doesn't want to risk TB pricing him out of that move. He will have looked at Caicedo and concluded that in January he didn't go far enough.

In a way his logic is sound. Performatively act like a twat. You'll likely get your massive pay rise. Yes, you'll get dogs abuse on your return, but the money cushions the blow.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The 'guv'nor' is another that springs to mind. And their level of tomfoolery was nothing compared with Tossard and (now) Sanchez.

Frankly, watching Jason Steele . . . .the confidence, the distribution and (yes, as we saw last night) the shot stopping are different class.
Basically he's Ederson.

And we had him as third choice for at least a season and a back up for 3 more!!

Or to be more accurate ..... and as the wonderful Liam Rosenior mentioned last night ...... the improvement is all down to coaching. Down to the coaching he is getting right now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My view is that Sanchez behaviour is carefully calculated. He wants to get a move to a better paying club and he doesn't want to risk TB pricing him out of that move. He will have looked at Caicedo and concluded that in January he didn't go far enough.

In a way his logic is sound. Performatively act like a twat. You'll likely get your massive pay rise. Yes, you'll get dogs abuse on your return, but the money cushions the blow.
I suppose it depends on how many other clubs need a no.1 keeper and how many have their own 'no dickheads' policy. I'm not seeing ManCity, Arsenal, ManUtd, Newcastle, Aston Villa, in the market for a new keeper. West Ham maybe or someone like that perhaps. They're owned by dickheads so probably don't have a policy...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I suppose it depends on how many other clubs need a no.1 keeper and how many have their own 'no dickheads' policy. I'm not seeing ManCity, Arsenal, ManUtd, Newcastle, Aston Villa, in the market for a new keeper. West Ham maybe or someone like that perhaps. They're owned by dickheads so probably don't have a policy...
Talking of dickhead keepers, Martinez is being heavily linked with a move away from Villa so that could potentially be an option along with Spurs and Chelsea.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It was a short few months ago when he was being valued on here at £50m.

If his toys are going to be permanently outside of his pram, what would you take for him now?
Exactly. His value will have dropped massively. This is what he wants. The smaller the fee, the larger proportion goes to him and his representatives.

He's playing a game.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Haven't Spurs, Chelsea and Man U been linked? That's why he's doing this. Whether the bid he wants will come in, I doubt.

I actually think Brentford is the most likely destination

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not a chance of Bob going to Brentford
I think there's some chance.

What he's looking for is the big top paying clubs to bring him in with the promise of being number one. I think the chances of this happening are small.

So he'll be left with the following choice.

a) Big club, but largely a back up
b) Medium club, probably first choice
c) Grovel and grovel harder to RDZ and the Brighton fans

My guess is that late in the window he'll realise that b) is the best option for him and his ego

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Why not just turn up, get paid to sit on the bench, celebrate with your mates and then feck off in a week’s time to bench warm elsewhere on more money and with less chance to break into first team.
Only reason not to take this sensible option is surely due to having a colossal ego. Surely everyone else in the world would take the money, warm the bench for a few weeks and get your agent on the phone asap to get a move in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here