Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Very good keeper but agree he needs some proper competition for his place. Still learning!
This . . . The problem is, as it was with with Lidl Maty . . .no competition.

Life is learning . . . he needs to be intelligent as well as capable.
keepers are a special breed, clearly not easy to mine . . . . Bobs good, but needs better competition and we need a better back up to create that

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Agree. No real incentive to keep his standards high. Another keeper in the squad who could take his place will keep him honest.

He'll be alright in the long term, but his performances recently have been mixed

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very good keeper but agree he needs some proper competition for his place. Still learning!
I’m not denying he needs competition, but do other clubs have a genuine first choice goalkeeping contender in their ranks? As far as I can see it’s usually some half decent keeper to use in emergency and cup games. I have based this on little research so I could be wrong.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
I think this team is the best I’ve seen in my 47 years. My only minor argument is with Sanchez. Just seems too flappy at corners and far to relaxed when releasing the ball with an on rushing centre forward. This is not a Moan just a genuine query. Could we get a better keeper or are we all happy with Sanchez ?
Agree . Hearts in my mouth anytime the ball comes near him . Too inexperienced and just not good enough

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not a great night for him but I still trust him.

Don’t forget, he lost his coach and mentor just 2 months ago and has also had to get used to a new manager who uses his keeper in a different way, there was always going to be a difficult period of adjustent for him. Confident he’ll come through it.
This.

Arguably his worst game for us, but we all have nightmares.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here