[Albion] Can We Stop The Blame Game

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good thread.

One win would change everything. I know it's hard to see where it will come from, but we have to keep backing the boys.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
Trying to be positive losing to Palace might change the mind set as last season we went down hill badly after winning there . Now we have to up our game and i think we can .With the two new players i think we have got a better squad then last season .You never know with football, Players get sent sent off ,VAR can go your way,anything can happen .Still 30 points to play for !.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Right, it’s three days since we played and lost to the :shit: . Many of us have our opinions on how, when and where it went wrong not only during the game but in the weeks preceding. What’s done is done but hell’s bells the number of threads on here castigating anything and anybody in the club is getting a bit tiresome.

It’s now time to get behind the team and put our differences, and opinions, aside. I know it’s hard to be positive at the moment, I too felt utterly depressed after Saturday’s game but it really is time to move on. It’s not going to be easy but they are our team and now is the time they need us to be with and not against them.

I blame this kind of attitude.

el punal

We get behind the team full house every home game spend fortunes is to much to ask for one of our players not to miss from a yard out? The only job in the world where you make a bollocks shrug and move on with out any reprisals, Oh and pick up a huge wage packet at the end of the week.

We have won a pathetic amount of times over the last three seasons. But carry on rallying the happy clappers :shrug:

It’s nothing to do with being a happy clapper, it’s about being positive and backing our team through hard times. If you are that cynical about everything to do with the team, the club and other fans why do you bother going at all?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We get behind the team full house every home game spend fortunes is to much to ask for one of our players not to miss from a yard out? The only job in the world where you make a bollocks shrug and move on with out any reprisals, Oh and pick up a huge wage packet at the end of the week.

We have won a pathetic amount of times over the last three seasons. But carry on rallying the happy clappers :shrug:

Easy game football isn't it

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If you had told any of those few thousand heroic Withdean stalwarts, watching fourth division football while drenched to the skin in plastic ponchos, that their main concern in a couple of decades would be whether an Albion squad containing several £20 million footballers would cling on to a fourth season in the £150 million a year Premier League, they would be laughing in your face. And if you said they'd be among a 30,000 crowd, in an incredible £125 million stadium, with a huge £30 million training ground in Lancing, all paid for by their billionaire chairman, they'd be calling for the men in white coats.

Yes, this kind of thing has been said before. But we all need to retain some perspective, stop acting like entitled children, and see this for what it is: we are all privileged to be participating in the very best of times, in an Albion history that stretches over 119 years. Revel in it, sit back, and enjoy the ride.

Yes mate.

119 years, and i'll guess for 115 of them we've been nowhere near as good as we are now. Probably around 80 of them we'll have been in the bottom 2 divisions.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We do we feel the need to apportion blame anyway. It's such a negative emotion.

I can understand it if there is someone at the club who is blatantly lazy, indifferent, corrupt or completely incompetent.

We're not in Bellotti territory here though are we. Everyone at the club, players, coaches and at board level are committed and obviously competent.

You may have an opinion that March should have scored or that Potter should play a different player or style, or that Ashworth doesn't add value. Fine, hold that opinion, but hold the anger. There's nobody at the club who deserves it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It’s nothing to do with being a happy clapper, it’s about being positive and backing our team through hard times. If you are that cynical about everything to do with the team, the club and other fans why do you bother going at all?
Not cynical mate just think things could be done a lot better, we really shouldn’t be where we are. If we go down we go down nothing me, you or anyone else can do about it.

el punal

Not cynical mate just think things could be done a lot better, we really shouldn’t be where we are. If we go down we go down nothing me, you or anyone else can do about it.

Yes, I agree things could be better. That said, we as fans should at least encourage the team by cheering them on rather than having a go every time things go wrong - you never know that actually might spur the the team on a bit.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yes, I agree things could be better. That said, we as fans should at least encourage the team by cheering them on rather than having a go every time things go wrong - you never know that actually might spur the the team on a bit.

Couldn't agree more. I feel like an alien applauding good effort and endeavour and good moves, when people around me are going mental at [insert any player]. I know it's about the end result, but I genuinely think fandom has moved away from providing support and encouragement, to relentlessly criticising all and sundry.

If people don't think this seeps through to the players, you're wrong.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It's OK to let it all out on here, but it's the numpty moaners and groaners every time Webbo or Stepho touch the ball who need to take a break.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yea. Even the players obviously believe in it. There's no 0-5 results and stuff like that, its always game on for 90 minutes. Even after the horrendous start in Bournemouth, they kept trying. This is far from over.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That’s pretty lame way of trying to detect how long someone has been a supporter. If you only became a fan in 2003 then I’ve got years on you pal.

Good (but incorrect) comeback. I think there was a NSC reset in 2003.
Your language in your posts comes across as quite angry - eg talking about “no reprisals”. How do you know this or what goes on behind the scenes? My point is that it’s been much worse than this before, many times. Being kept in at Selhurst after 5-0 defeat springs to mind, or most of the games at Gillingham, or the war years under Stanley, etc, etc.
The OP is trying to get some positivity and hope, it’s all we’ve got.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well said that man.
Let's back the boys and management and relieve any stress and pressure that may be underlying.
We are a good outfit and are not getting rolled over, and still getting the shots in.

Believe in the boys.com

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Good (but incorrect) comeback. I think there was a NSC reset in 2003.
Your language in your posts comes across as quite angry - eg talking about “no reprisals”. How do you know this or what goes on behind the scenes? My point is that it’s been much worse than this before, many times. Being kept in at Selhurst after 5-0 defeat springs to mind, or most of the games at Gillingham, or the war years under Stanley, etc, etc.
The OP is trying to get some positivity and hope, it’s all we’ve got.
I’m not buying we used to be crap what do you expect argument, these players are meant to be PL level earning a normal persons yearly salary in a week, winning four home games is pathetic, ever noticed we hardly ever apply real pressure to the opponents in the last 10 minutes at home. Away we are routinely well under the kosh in the last ten I’m questioning if the players are really applying themselves or just happy to collect the wage on a Friday.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’m not buying we used to be crap what do you expect argument, these players are meant to be PL level earning a normal persons yearly salary in a week, winning four home games is pathetic, ever noticed we hardly ever apply real pressure to the opponents in the last 10 minutes at home. Away we are routinely well under the kosh in the last ten I’m questioning if the players are really applying themselves or just happy to collect the wage on a Friday.

Or is it because the players we're playing against are actually quite good?

Even our opponents on Saturday, have players who are on twice the wages ours are.

Have you thought that it could be that our players are perfectly competent, and are trying as hard as they possibly can, it's just that football is a difficult game to play at Premier League level and we are playing against very good opponents

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yes mate.

119 years, and i'll guess for 115 of them we've been nowhere near as good as we are now. Probably around 80 of them we'll have been in the bottom 2 divisions.

Never counted before, but I make it around 32 years we have been in the top two divisions, with the longest run being 10 years (1977-1987). Our current run will at least equal that, as this is our ninth year.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
What an absolute waste. Can't see where our next win is coming from.

To throw our league membership away with no fight.

After palace scored, we just meekly stepped aside. No determination. No grit.

Feel totally let down by the players. Still, at least they enjoyed Tenerife.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports