Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we still make the playoffs this season?

Can we still make the playoffs this season?

• Yes, keeping Sami and adhering to FFP

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Yes, keeping Sami and blowing FFP

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Yes, new manager and adhering to FFp

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Yes, but would need new manager and blowing FFP

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • No - not under any reasonable circumstances

Votes: 107 72.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
We are relegated without a doubt. New manager won't solve the problem. We are playing division football next season the divsion 2 the season after. Barber will be alright picking up his 500k a year salary. Our gate receipts will cover his wages alone.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
You can get odds of 9/1 for Brighton to finish in the top 6.

You can get odds of 8/1 for Brighton to be relegated.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We are relegated without a doubt. New manager won't solve the problem. We are playing division football next season the divsion 2 the season after. Barber will be alright picking up his 500k a year salary. Our gate receipts will cover his wages alone.

You (Lucky Boy Farang aka Bigbelly aka Footsoldier) are a little ray of sunshine aren't you.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No, not a wind up, but you're right to think there is a motive! And it's this....

At the time of writing 75% of NSC voters think that no matter what we do now, we won't achieve a playoff place this season (incidentally, I agree).

Let's say that TB thinks the same. If he does, why would he change Sami right now and, presumably have to pay both a termination fee for Sami and a sign-on bonus for whoever replaces him (assuming, God forbid, that his replacement isn't Nathan). That money would be better spent preparing a squad to challenge next season, shirley? Removing Sami right now won't achieve anything unless we look in imminent danger of relegation in, say, February when TB might be forced to replace him to avoid relegation.

If nothing can be done to achieve the playoffs, you might as well stick with Sami for this season all the time you don't believe we'll be relegated because he might just pull it out of the bag and have a successful last half of this season, giving you confidence that next season we might challenge again...

For next season, however? Well, that's an entirely different game...

My thoughts too. TB might adopt this approach, and maybe Sami and his tactics will start to pay off (scuttles off to get tin hat), we recover to a decent league position (say top 10 for example), we get a handful of decent additions for next season that have the class and ability to fit into the system, offload some dross and push next year........

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Blow FFP then yes, but since were actually sensible - absolutely not.

To be honest, I wouldnt be disappointed with a mid-table finish the way things are going.

Wouldn't be too disappointed, I'd snatch your bloody hand off right now for a mid-table finish!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Don't think we were ever going to this season, I said I'll settle for mid table, maybe 10th, and I'll stand by that!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
No, not a wind up, but you're right to think there is a motive! And it's this....

At the time of writing 75% of NSC voters think that no matter what we do now, we won't achieve a playoff place this season (incidentally, I agree).

Let's say that TB thinks the same. If he does, why would he change Sami right now and, presumably have to pay both a termination fee for Sami and a sign-on bonus for whoever replaces him (assuming, God forbid, that his replacement isn't Nathan). That money would be better spent preparing a squad to challenge next season, shirley? Removing Sami right now won't achieve anything unless we look in imminent danger of relegation in, say, February when TB might be forced to replace him to avoid relegation.

If nothing can be done to achieve the playoffs, you might as well stick with Sami for this season all the time you don't believe we'll be relegated because he might just pull it out of the bag and have a successful last half of this season, giving you confidence that next season we might challenge again...

For next season, however? Well, that's an entirely different game...

1/ In Feb. it might just be too late, under his tactics we are floundering in this league. If we are still around the bottom of the table come February and SH is still here then some serious questions need to be asked.
2/ Next Season? With another manager yes. But Hyypia will never get a team promoted from The Championship with his tactics. Ever. I'm willing to put money on that as well . What's the point in him being our manager when our aim in the top flight? It's never ever going to happen under him unfortunately (as much as I would love it to)

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I posted this last week before losing another match, we need about 75 points for a top 6 finish and we have 13. So we need 62 from 31 games which is Title winning form and with the present set up, manager and team is impossible. More worrying is we need 37+ points to be safe from 31 games and even that is a job and a half at the moment

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
We'll need to win 20+ more games, we've only won a handful... So possiple, but VERY unlikely.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It would be a big chase and likely to end up in failure of we did.

I don't think there is much doubt that Derby, Norwich and Middlesbrough have better players. Bournemouth have got a stronger squad.

And we have not got enough points onboard. A once in fifty years scenario. 1971-72 is the nearest.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion/1971-1972/results Then it was 2 pts for a win. Rotherham and Bournemouth were our last chance. We needed to win both games.

Looking downwards now. Looking for Leeds to lose etc. Can we get 55 pts?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
yes there are still 93 points up for grabs, so theoretically we can even finish top, but the likeliness of us gaining all 93 points left to get, well you'd have to :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink: to think that that would actually happen.

How did you find out how much I drink on match days?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here