Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we play two good halves ?

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
It was coming. After 1st half it was clear that typical scenario is coming. "Barcelona" in 1st half - festival of clumsy idividual errors in 2nd....
Mentality ?
I can't find other reasons. This Manchester United side is the worst we have ever played with

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Very harsh assessment, IMO. A very uncharacteristic error from Bissouma was punished by a magnificent individual goal from one of the best players in history. We’re then on the end of a very unjust red card for Dunk. Despite that, I still thought we were the better team in the second half. Incredibly unlucky not to score from Moder and Welbeck towards the end.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The odd error like Bissouma and Dunk made are an inevitability of the playing style. When you're asked to play from the back, then the errors count against the manager rather than the players. Equally the manager gets the credit when that playing style fires you into the top half of the league

theboybilly

It was coming. After 1st half it was clear that typical scenario is coming. "Barcelona" in 1st half - festival of clumsy idividual errors in 2nd....
Mentality ?
I can't find other reasons. This Manchester United side is the worst we have ever played with

10 men still giving a good account of themselves? Very harsh on them, we pleyed well and deserved something out of that

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
One world class finish and a notoriously weak ref combined to kill us. Very good performance overall, not reflected in the scoreline. 50-50 possession against a team down to ten men was an embarrassment for United.

Home fixture is nicely placed to potentially mess up their season. Let's hope so.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Mentality ?

10 men holding their own for 35 minutes, I don’t see any issue

Careless and reckless from Dunk

I’m happy we still went for it despite being 1-0 and down to 10 men. Good to see GP pushing back Alzate allowing Lamptey to become an outlet

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Mentality ?

Written in frustration on the night, I suspect. The cooler analysis says otherwise: GD 10-13 H1; 15-14 H2. The problem, if there is one, is conceding early. GD in first 30 minutes: 4-9.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
One world class finish and a notoriously weak ref combined to kill us. Very good performance overall, not reflected in the scoreline. 50-50 possession against a team down to ten men was an embarrassment for United.

Home fixture is nicely placed to potentially mess up their season. Let's hope so.

Unless a referee and VAR are present of course !

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I'm getting to the point where I'm viewing the beginning of every second half with trepidation that we've fallen asleep in the dressing room at half time and about to throw the game away.

Ryanb

Oct 20, 2021
Mentality ?

You must be really struggling to find reason to criticise this team. Somehow you have managed it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here