Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we just get behind Gus Poyet and the team now for the final push.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
absolutely this!! by far the best squad in the league and yet the last 2 performance have been woefully bad!
we are all fans and get behind the team every time they play this goes without saying! however certain questions may need to be asked of Gus at this vital point in the season, there must be man management issues within the squad as it is frequently noted of fall outs and players being out of favour. would Ashley Barnes act the way he has done recently if he respected Gus, the club and the fans?
Maybe the pressure is starting to show?? I really hope not but Tuesday will be key and Sunday go's without saying.....
sometimes criticism isn't a bad thing....

Criticism is fine but people must keep a sense of realism. Some of the threads started on nsc after a defeat are pathetic. Too many knee jerk reactors on here..

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yep.

And unlike some deluded fans if we don't make the playoffs I won't be overly bothered and it's still been another great season.

100% THIS. If we make it, then obviously fan-frigging-tastic and hope we go up, but if we don't, well m-eh, still happy

D

Deleted member 2719

Yep. After yrs of getting relegated from this league, almost anything in top half in this div with some huge teams is a great success. Massively let down? I think you're expecting too much..

But have we ever had a squad like this before?

Seeing how we have now outplayed a lot of sides for nearly two seasons now i would expect to see good progress and that has mainly been down to our boys pulling the trigger and being clinical and Gus not stifling there forward play, unfortunately it has been slow to get a man who is clinical otherwise we would be in the top 3 IMO. However i believe Leo could be the man i just hope our previous missed opportunities won't cost us dear, as it could ultimately cost the club a huge loss in revenue.

I wish i had your patience but this league is tough to get promotion from and i feel we have the set up to do it now while we still have momentum.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Seeing how we have now outplayed a lot of sides for nearly two seasons now i would expect to see good progress and that has mainly been down to our boys pulling the trigger and being clinical and Gus not stifling there forward play, unfortunately it has been slow to get a man who is clinical otherwise we would be in the top 3 IMO. However i believe Leo could be the man i just hope our previous missed opportunities won't cost us dear, as it could ultimately cost the club a huge loss in revenue.

I wish i had your patience but this league is tough to get promotion from and i feel we have the set up to do it now while we still have momentum.

I agree with what you say. I just think this club is part of a 4 or 5 yr plan and there's no major pressure. What I do know is there are many clubs in a lot worse positions then us. Blackburn's striker cost more than our whole squad for example...

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Criticism is fine but people must keep a sense of realism. Some of the threads started on nsc after a defeat are pathetic. Too many knee jerk reactors on here..

I felt very negative straight after the game but a couple of hours later and a look on NSC and twitter I feel more positive so thanks all.

Our goal scoring inabilities though are a massive problem.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I felt very negative straight after the game but a couple of hours later and a look on NSC and twitter I feel more positive so thanks all.

Our goal scoring inabilities though are a massive problem.

They are BUT just think this: SWANSEA CITY.

D

Deleted member 2719

I agree with what you say. I just think this club is part of a 4 or 5 yr plan and there's no major pressure. What I do know is there are many clubs in a lot worse positions then us. Blackburn's striker cost more than our whole squad for example...

Fair enough i am more of a 3 year plan at max. :)

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
probably pan out to be 7/8th best season in the 112 year history of the club

shouldn't really be complaining

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I think with the squad we have we're still in with a great chance of the playoffs. Bolton away was never going to be easy. Keep the faith.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
We are in with a great shout of a play off place. So please stop the petty squabbling and just get behind the team now for the final push over the last 10 games. It needs a collective effort now, the manager, the team and the fans. BELIEVE, bust your lungs for the side and then after the end of the season we can do a post mortem if we have failed.

But for now we have not and I believe we will do it. 8 defeats in 36 games, just 8 defeats. In the Championship.

We have made huge progess in the last 2 years and we have a great squad of players now.

Kusczcak, Bridge, Upson, Bridcutt, Vicente and Ulloa are all premiership players in waiting.

Tuesday and then the biggest battle of the season on Sunday. One inch at at time.

Thanks.

Al Pacinos Inspirational Speech - YouTube

Final push? be realistic we have been far too defensive all season goals win games we do are not scoring enough.Gus will make his excuses and be gone before next season starts

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I will be at Barnesy, sorry Barnsley on Tuesday cheering them on. Doesn't mean I can't vent my spleen about one member of the team who I think has behaved like a complete bellend.

Stand or Fall

Feb 13, 2013
We are in with a great shout of a play off place. So please stop the petty squabbling and just get behind the team now for the final push over the last 10 games.

Absolutely brilliant post - I fully agree that both supporting and getting behind the team is not only the right thing to do but its crucial if the Albion are going to succeed.

On a related note, however, I don't think there's anything wrong with having a good old moan at the team if there's a genuine concern. The people who automatically dismiss anyone with a negative opinion, who brand people with legitimate criticisms of the team as "not real fans," and those fans whose answer to absolutely everything is only ever "believe" aren't necessarily productive either.

It's about happy mediums people!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Great post US - shame the doom merchants are trying to make everyone feel like were shitter than whatever the bottom of the League 2 team is.

If people put their same effort into actually supporting the team rather than slagging them off constantly, we would have the best support on the league - no question. If you dont want to support the team - in my opinion, you should probably feck off (say the last bit in an Irish accent - works better).

On the up side, i now have a very long ignore list tonight !!

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013

Yes we have,a far better and more exciting squad was playing for the Albion when we were promoted to the 1st division in the 70`s guses comments today were ridiculous.He reckons we have to go back to the 1920`s to find a more attacking Albion side,**** off Gus you got us promoted from the 3rd division to the 2nd no more no less ,and have stuck with a 40,000 pound striker from the 3rd division trying to get us promoted to the premier league are you having a laugh.Sorry forgot to mention the 3.5 million wasted on CMS and the fact that you gave our top goal scorer to the scum for free.Does Poyet realy think Chelsea will give him a job

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Yep.

And unlike some deluded fans if we don't make the playoffs I won't be overly bothered and it's still been another great season.

This with pissing great bells on !!!! Well said that man !!!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Yes we have,a far better and more exciting squad was playing for the Albion when we were promoted to the 1st division in the 70`s guses comments today were ridiculous.He reckons we have to go back to the 1920`s to find a more attacking Albion side,**** off Gus you got us promoted from the 3rd division to the 2nd no more no less ,and have stuck with a 40,000 pound striker from the 3rd division trying to get us promoted to the premier league are you having a laugh.Sorry forgot to mention the 3.5 million wasted on CMS and the fact that you gave our top goal scorer to the scum for free.Does Poyet realy think Chelsea will give him a job

This is topic for people behind the team - if you want to carry on slagging off then go and post in the MANY of other topics on this - now run along or support the team for once, cant remember you posting a positive post come to think of it........

You do know FFP kicks in next season

Which we are within the rules of unlike clubs like Leicester who have a £30 Million loss - not going up is a MUCH bigger deal for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here