Can we have this kit next season please?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I see that the colours on the original kit for the shorts and socks have been toned down to more blue but are still too dark for my liking as they and the stripes should be Royal Blue IMHO.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Peterborough's kits adidas i think.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm going to go aginst the flow here and say that I DON'T want nike, puma or adidas, and I'll tell you why.

Errea have always given us a unique home kit in the respect that the template of our home shirt is never used for another English team whilst we are using it. Adidas and Nike will give us a template that everyone uses. Look at Palace, they moved form a unique errea kit to nike's 'inter milan' template, used by park football teams from Dundee to Devon. Umbro, i fear, would be the same, as they tend to only make unique templates for their bigger teams, Man City, Sunderland, West Ham.

I would go with a manufacturer that can give us a unique home kit - I'm not fussed about the away kit being used elsewhere (our red/black kit is from the template the Grimsby Town turned down for this season's home kit). Instead, if I were given the choice, I would stay with errea, or move to another company that would give us a unique design, butka (see Milwall) springs to mind.

As for the arguement that we would sell more nike/adidas kits, this is a fair arguement. However, I do wonder as to whether the mark-up, and hence profit, would be as large. I, for one, would probably not shell out for a kit that is the same as loads of other teams, but thats just me - I like us to be unique.

EDIT - Oh, and I would go with royal blue shorts - I'm not too fussed over the colour of the socks as long as they are blue and/or white.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I agree Strings. It would be far better to have a unique kit, there are many smaller kit manufacturers who have great products, great quality, and most probably access to unique desgins. Bukta, Joma, Jako, Vandanel come to mind. I think it would be far better to have a British based manufacturer too, or at worst a European manufacturer.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Prefer the current kit, and the nike tick looks naff, especially in red. I quite like the white shorts, but we need stripes on the back. It huddersfield can have them, why can't we?

wonkydog

Feb 4, 2010
Brighton
As the club recently signed a new 3 year kit deal with ERREA it will be their kit we will run out in at the new stadium. the club are haveing a special i year "Thank you to withdean" home kit next season, as far i am aware the red/black away kit stays, not sure about the navy/yellow one though.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
errea will do pretty much what we ask them i reckon.

see burnley this season ...

newburnleyhomekit.png

and

new-burnley-away-kit.png

richoseagull

Jan 23, 2010
Berkshire
As the club recently signed a new 3 year kit deal with ERREA it will be their kit we will run out in at the new stadium. the club are haveing a special i year "Thank you to withdean" home kit next season, as far i am aware the red/black away kit stays, not sure about the navy/yellow one though.

I like the idea of the special, 'thanks to withdean' shirt, i think it will be a nice touch

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
errea will do pretty much what we ask them i reckon.

see burnley this season ...

and

new-burnley-away-kit.png

Is that a very gay ginger sidwell? ( Yes I know he doesnt play for Burnley BUT it does look like him)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports