Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

can we have a weekly thread on the football league show?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Could be worse. I believe the Portuguese version of MotD focuses almost exclusively on Porto, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Anyone know why our home coverage is noticably lower resolution to other matches?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I did chuckle at the fact they referenced David Lopez by his nickname.

I suspect a certain Albion supporting commentator on there may help out with Albion Facts. And i'm sure he wouldn't have used the first win in 4 line, if he had done that match :wink:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't know why people think we should be right at the top of the Football League Show when currently we're a mid-table team? Doesn't seem to me there's any bias..... matches are mostly based around league positions unless it makes sense to group certain games together (if, for instance, they're dealing with the top six later in the season). And then sometimes a better match will be lower down because that can make sense if they're going to talk about it in the studio.

The idea that people at the BBC sit there thinking of ways to upset Albion fans is ridiculous. They have 72 clubs to show every week.. most of them will be unhappy about something.

Exactly....clubs like barnsley hardly ever get more than brief match highlights

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
They waste so much time every week showing teams getting off the bus and teams walking on the pitch. Sometimes we see more of the players not playing football then playing football.

They should shorten match of the day and give that time to the football league show.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Its such a sh!t show, its set up like Crimewatch or something, they are all sh!t presenters and they hardly ever give us any airtime. I tape it just to skip to our 20seconds and the games that where worth fast forwarding to.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Its such a sh!t show, its set up like Crimewatch or something, they are all sh!t presenters and they hardly ever give us any airtime. I tape it just to skip to our 20seconds and the games that where worth fast forwarding to.

Do they still ask for our tweets? Or have they dropped that now?

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands

Ha!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this!

I still watch all the actual football throughout all three divisions, but I fast forward the banal chat from the presenters, especially Claridge.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea

god knows mate, i havnt even got twitter so i would pay attention haha

Ha!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this!

I still watch all the actual football throughout all three divisions, but I fast forward the banal chat from the presenters, especially Claridge.

haha yeah the show puts me to sleep, espeically if ive said up to watch it! i tape it and watch it sunday morning than watch 'goals on sunday' after with kamy and ben shepard, which for me is the best football show on tv :thumbsup:

@trueblue

i agree we shouldnt be entitled to more than other mid level teams, but even last year we where in the playoffs and that we never got a look in, even after great results. i dont think we even got a 'full page spread' on there when we battered blackpool. they go hollywood names imo. just like when they choose the championship team of the year, which i know is slightly off topic haha

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Edit

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton

They stopped reading out Tweets/emails about 2 years ago now. I get the impression that the show is not exactly top of the BBC's priorities though as for the past couple of years they haven't bothered showing highlights of any of the Football League matches over Christmas-New Year.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
^^^

Correct.

I quite like the FL Show to be honest - this season it's even worth holding on to watch all the goals in the noddy divisions, where Portsmouth are busy embarrassing themselves by losing to teams based in towns you've barely heard of.

Hmmmm, 'noddy divisions' huh? Be careful what you say, everything goes around in circles, we were there once, and in all probability will be again one day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here