Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we get The Great Escape played before the game starts?

Do you want The Great Escape played really loud before the teams come out?

• Yes

Votes: 93 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 62 40.0%

• Total voters

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Leave it to the professionals.

There will be a very good reason why they keep the same tired old songs, including the indefensible Hey Jude.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Given the uefa control of inmediate pre match and graphics for european nights I suspect hands will be tied on this

Terry Connor

Oct 21, 2022
Lots on here quick to slag off attempts to create an atmosphere. Sadly, what HAS been tinpot is our pitiful attempts to do anything of substance to mark what might be our only ever European campaign, beyond a bit of scarf waving and passing round the De Zerbi large flag. Tonight is almost certainly our last chance to show we are better than that, but given the embarrassing turnout on Sunday I don't hold much hope.

FFS turn up and get behind the team tonight.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Lets get a better atmosphere going. Maybe the East Stand will join in???

If enough people say yes I will contact Paul Barber and make a request
Yuck. No thanks. Absolutely nothing worse than that Benidorm style dirge.

I used to love it in the film. Decades of it being hooted out over England failure and chair luzzing has tarnished it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Literally can't stand it... I wish they would play 'Praise You' at the end of games when we've won though.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yuck. No thanks. Absolutely nothing worse than that Benidorm style dirge.

I used to love it in the film. Decades of it being hooted out over England failure and chair luzzing has tarnished it.
What about everyone wearing Seagull heads and doing the birdie song - that was really popular when I had the misfortune to go to benidorm in my teens

( :lol: )

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
What about everyone wearing Seagull heads and doing the birdie song - that was really popular when I had the misfortune to go to benidorm in my teens

( :lol: )

I'd be bang up for that. Imagine how intimidating it would be to the Roma ultras. They'd all just assume they'd been spiked with acid at their hotel.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Now we know there’s a production team responsible for “fan zone” just need an email address now to hopefully put an end to Hey Jude and Put your hands up for Brighton and maybe just maybe utilise the skills of someone who is musically successful and has strong links to the club

Play just that first song for the kids. Get them waving their scarves and flags on the big screen, they love that. But just STOP after that. How about "Now it's over to you" and be done with it. Let the stadium build up to the game.

And that last 20 seconds before kick off is holy to me. Take ring of fire and hey jude and shove them as far away from this moment as possible.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Play just that first song for the kids. Get them waving their scarves and flags on the big screen, they love that. But just STOP after that. How about "Now it's over to you" and be done with it. Let the stadium build up to the game.

And that last 20 seconds before kick off is holy to me. Take ring of fire and hey jude and shove them as far away from this moment as possible.
Absolutely

Right here right now and the Albion montage are up lifting, a second rendition of hey Jude seconds before KO is just awful!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here