Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we beat Southampton...

buffs99

Brighton Forever
Oct 30, 2010
Brighton
:drama:Lets go to st marys with attitude of a albion win, no point going if defeated before we get there, we will come away from there celebrating. 2-0 to us.

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Yes we can beat Saints, Yes we will beat Saints, listen we've played 3 teams recently that have stuck 9 players behind the ball and hit us on the break but Saints won't do that it will be the same as Charlton and Posh, whether we get the same results? we'll just have to wait and see but you lot need to sort yourselves out we draw 1 lose 1 in the league and you're all starting to be really negative, why? we're not going to win every game are we

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I've had time to get over the disappointment of yesterday. Of course we can win at Southampton!

We were always going to have a little blip and it's far better to have it when you're eight points clear than if we were battling to get into the playoffs and get knocked into mid-table. We are where we deserve to be and I actually think that Southampton away is the perfect game for us to bounce back in. It was unbelievably obvious yesterday how much we missed LuaLua, but fortunately this will not be an issue on Tuesday as he would not have played anyway.

It is vital that we get this "very special" winger in by Colchester and all the better if he's in by Tuesday, but we can win whether we have him or not.

buffs99

Brighton Forever
Oct 30, 2010
Brighton
Yes we can beat Saints, Yes we will beat Saints, listen we've played 3 teams recently that have stuck 9 players behind the ball and hit us on the break but Saints won't do that it will be the same as Charlton and Posh, whether we get the same results? we'll just have to wait and see but you lot need to sort yourselves out we draw 1 lose 1 in the league and you're all starting to be really negative, why? we're not going to win every game are we

Totally agree to much negativity. Well said!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It's obvious, as lightly mentioned above, that LuaLua wouldn't have started. Ideally we'll start out on Southampton's smooth, warm pitch like we did against Charlton with some lovely, patient little-triangle football. The confidence, if it's really honestly dropped, will return and we'll see Bennett marauding their backline. We completely outplayed those long-ball twaterellas last season, and i would love to see that again. I don't see why we can't smash them about and come home laughing.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
their main threat no longer appears to be from their "big name" forwards and they are beginning to score goals from all over - a bit like us when we are playing well. Tough game but I think we will manage a 2-1 win or a 2-2 draw

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd settle for a repeat of last year! (though not if it's the lead up to a run like we had after the Southampton game last season!)

Yes, we CAN win, but all in all, considering our recent form, I'd take a draw if one was offered now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
From a Saints fan of view, I was very worried about this fixture a few weeks ago but not so much now.

After losing to monkey hangers and after today I think your confidence is now very low.

I've been on this forum a few times recently and the consensus seems to have been that Albion simply wouldnt keep it up without Lua Lua.

Saints always play better with a full away end (gives it more of a sense of occasion) and it's looking like its gonna be a good home crowd too
. Whats more we have a point to prove after last season and the players know to beat the top team would be a major milestone.

I'm very confident but then again I was last year.

Shame bout the home crowd - and how QUIET you are :bigwave:

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Some of the negativity on this thread is absolutely unbelievable.

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Exactly, its an absolute disgrace, we are 4 bloody points clear at the top, some fans are acting like we are fighting relegation. Get a grip, I for one cannot wait for saints tuesday.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
.......Why cant we win ?.......Are we that poor ! ?......... I thought we are playing well , OK we will not win every game (who does )....Lets get down to St Marys and give it some !.......win or lose !.....NO FEAR !!!!!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If supporting Brighton has taught me one thing, it's to expect the unexpected.

Yes we're in a sticky patch, but we're top of the table for a reason. Let's go there and show them why we're Championship material.

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
That's not the point.This isn't some end of season match with any bearing on the table.Saints will be right up for this and i fully expect us to be turned over.

Was you at the game when Dunk played for us against Tranmere, oh yes he was given MOM again, and not an end of season game, try and be a little more positive about our youngsters. This lad is a football professional signed to do a job, at the mo, to stand in for the more experienced when they can't make the game. He will be fine if needed ------ have faith in our team they need us now. Not just when we are winning every game. Sorry for the rant but yes I do feel better ta :D:smokin:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
From a Saints fan of view, I was very worried about this fixture a few weeks ago but not so much now.

After losing to monkey hangers and after today I think your confidence is now very low.

I've been on this forum a few times recently and the consensus seems to have been that Albion simply wouldnt keep it up without Lua Lua.

Saints always play better with a full away end (gives it more of a sense of occasion) and it's looking like its gonna be a good home crowd too. Whats more we have a point to prove after last season and the players know to beat the top team would be a major milestone.

I'm very confident but then again I was last year.

How can a team who are 4 points clear at the top of the division, lost 1 in 14, and only dropped points at the weekend due to a 93rd minute own goal be described as a team whose confidence is 'very low'?

The game was beyond doubt when LuaLua came on at Charlton, he wasnt needed at Peterborough, we went 2-1 down with him on the pitch at Hartlepool.

Saints always play better with a full away end eh? Didnt seem that way last year when we were down there.

Sounds like you're underestimating us. Sure you're in good form, but we're a class act on our day which has been fairly often this season, not always coinciding with Kazengas presence on the pitch. Just because it hasnt come off in the last 2 league games doesnt mean it wont on Tuesday. A win would please me, and certainly not surprise me. A loss would severely disappoint me. We're top of the league for a reason and we've got every right to be going into this game as confident as you are.

Enjoy the game, Im gutted I cant be there. Think it could be an absolute cracker.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Ankergren

Calderon - Greer - El-Abd - Painter

Bennett - Kishishev - Dicker

Barnes - Murray - Wood

Let's do 'em!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We're getting closer and closer to the game, so time to bounce this thread. I was feeling a bit worried, but as we draw near I'm beginning to feel quietly confident.

Dear Gus, Please could you arrange just one more away day we're f***ing brilliant flicky flicky absolute home team HIDING tonight please? My brother is going to be unbearable if we lose this, as is my best mate.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Too right, we can win. We have been the best team in this league so far. The table does not lie and we have been awesome up until the first game against Woking. Play the way we played against Charlton and Peterborough (in which game Lua Lua didn't even play) and we will win:bhasign:.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here