Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we all please agree one thing...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That the play-off dream is not over until it is MATHEMATICALLY over. We wouldn't expect the players to give up, so why should the fans?

Plenty on here stated the play-offs were out of reach in February, just like they did last February. The Championship is a crazy, division, and even if we have to go to Forest and win by three and hope Reading lose by three, we still have a chance.

All of a sudden we're two points behind with everything to play for. And guess what? We aren't going to win all of our remaining games, and we are going to play badly in some of them. It would be nice if all the doom merchants didn't ruin the rest of the season by jumping on every below par performance and demanding we sack the manager. The manager who has us two points and one place outside the play offs with 5 games to play, having had no pre season, one arm tied behind his back financially, the worst injury crisis ever to hit the club and no previous experience of English football.

Is there a single person on this board, who if offered last Summer, would not have taken 7th place, 2 points off 6th with no teams in the top 6 left to play, with 5 games to go?

But I have absolutely no doubt that the next time we draw or lose (which we will soon) all the morons will be out again demanding we sack Oscar / Jones / Barber / Burke / Andrews / Richard Reynolds / Gully / Aspinall - delete as applicable to who is villain of the week.

We have a real shot at the play-offs, and you know what? If we manage to make it I reckon we'll go up.

We might do!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here