Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can someone translate please?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Darren Ambrose :lol: he’s got precious for this sort of nonsense I recall.

Classic Palace :lol:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Darren Ambrose, quoted saying this on TalkSport regarding Palace selling Zaha...

“For £50 million, I think they would sell him now. I really do. We have seen it with Ben White, he is overpriced at the moment. Is Ben White worth £50 or £60 million then I don’t think he is?”

I've read it numerous times, and I'm none the wiser as to what he's trying to say. Is he saying Zaha worth £50m or not?

Sorry, Don't speak Croydonese!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Darren Ambrose, quoted saying this on TalkSport regarding Palace selling Zaha...

“For £50 million, I think they would sell him now. I really do. We have seen it with Ben White, he is overpriced at the moment. Is Ben White worth £50 or £60 million then I don’t think he is?”

I've read it numerous times, and I'm none the wiser as to what he's trying to say. Is he saying Zaha worth £50m or not?

Put a question mark after the word 'then', and it makes some kind of sense. And clearly states that no, Zaha not worth 50m

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

20210708_193827.jpg

Don't know about understanding the translation, but when TalkShite is ever mentioned, I envisage the image above :D

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Another thread about something on talkshite, you say? ???

:facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Another thread about something on talkshite, you say? ???

:facepalm:

OK, I'm fairly used to having to make sense of people jabbering on, barely aware of what they are saying. Here is a translation:

If someone offered £50 million for Zaha I think Palace would take it. Like Brighton and Ben White*, Palace have made it know that the asking price for Zaha is far more than the player is worth. Ben White is not worth the £50 or£60 million that Brighton have claimed they want**, and in fact they would take far less if a low offer were made***, and the amount would be far lower than the £50 million that Palace would accept for Zaha (the implication being that Brighton and White are shit compared with Palarse and Zaha).

Some caveats:
*No we ****ing haven't. At no time have Brighton made an offocial statement about how much a bid would need to be to singn White. We have said he's not for sale.
**No we ****ing haven't. Ambrose is just making this shit up
***No we wouldn't because this is just a diarrhetic stream of old wanky bollocks. Why does anyone listen to Talkshite? Are the horoscopes good or something?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Put a question mark after the word 'then', and it makes some kind of sense. And clearly states that no, Zaha not worth 50m

No, it means he is worth £50 million, but not more.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think he is saying he thinks Ben White isn't worth 50 million and if someone offered 50 million for zaha then the club would bite Their hand off and sell because zaha isn't worth anywhere near that too.
He's wrong about white of course,and in an attempt to have a pop at white and big up zaha he has managed to actually shoot both himself and zaha in the foot.

Exactly what I said, but you were more succinct :wink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here