Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Can someone recommend a power bank for my iPhone please.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
probably a GERMAN.
I have a surname but it doesn’t match any of the apartments in my block or those in the neighboring blocks. Annoying.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
With power banks increasing banned from football grounds my daughter now has one for her iphone which is also a phone case

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Anything by Anker will be decent and reasonably priced, e.g.

Amazon product

That's the one I've got and will accompany me to Goodison tomorrow! Amazon saying this one is currently unavailable - but Anker is the route I'd go.

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 17.44.45.png

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I get everything from Amazon delivered to the local pickup point (insert joke here) -- in my case Waitrose. It saves all this hassle about neighbours / leaving stuff on the doorstep in the rain etc. It also means we don't have to stay in half the day waiting for the delivery. Works for us.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Further update. A young man from down the road delivered the solar power Bank whilst I was away in Holland. Quite why DHL delivered it to a different apartment block claiming it was a neighbor I don’t know. But all is now good; I’m now armed and ready for my next European adventure which will be the knockout stage.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just some maths for you @Herr Tubthumper...

iPhone 15 / 15 Pro c3,300mAh
iPhone 15 Pro Max c4,400mAh

Typically, you get about 2/3 of the stated capacity of a battery pack due to power inefficiency, so a 10,000mAh battery pack will charge an iPhone 15 or 15 Pro twice, give or take, and a 15 Pro Max one-and-a-half times.

So, if you just need it to get you through a day, then a 10,000mAh battery should be more than adequate.

I bought this one a few years back...

It's pretty bulky, so one for the manbag and not a jean pocket, but....

- being 25,000mAh, it's a large capacity so doesn't need to be charged each time I use it. Nothing more frustrating than heading out, grabbing your battery pack and realising it's got little/no charge because you forgot to charge it.
- With the four solar panels, you can get some charge to it even if you don't have mains access. Makes it good for camping and festivals etc.
I think this is the one you mentioned…now subject to a ‘Black Friday deal’

IMG_1762.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here