Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can Someone Please Explain

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
First we had the huddle, which I cant see the point of and it annoys me that we now do it. Now we have players before the game, especially in the Premier, high fiveing and cuddling each other as if they haven't seen each other for years just before kick off. I am also baffled at the the two fingers and look up to the sky when a player scores, misses, goes onto the pitch or leaves the pitch. Thank you moan over.

Simple, TV

Those that don't get on will just copycat, even the U11's are at it

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
With all this huddling why doesn't the referee just blow his whistle for the start of the game, thereby enabling the team taking the kick-off to score immediately while one team undertakes a huddle on the pitch. This should stop any huddling immediately.

On another topic, why have the Albion taken to running out in track tops, which they then proceed to take off after about ten seconds. Reminds me of the Don Revie Leeds team.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's just a way of final motivation. Give the captain the last words etc...

The walking around giving each player the chance to wish the other luck and try for that last bit of motivation is good imo. I'm sure there's prob some (most likely bullshit) study that shows it increases the chances of starting a game well too :lol:

The other thing you mention is religious obviously. Don't get it myself but each to their own...

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just as a casual observer reading this site quite often, it does seem you are obsessed with drinking booze, and after been attacked by stewards at the last game, maybe the AA might be a good option to visit.

I'm a Gold member of the AA:cool: If you saw the state of my motors you would understand why:ohmy:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With all this huddling why doesn't the referee just blow his whistle for the start of the game, thereby enabling the team taking the kick-off to score immediately while one team undertakes a huddle on the pitch. This should stop any huddling immediately.

On another topic, why have the Albion taken to running out in track tops, which they then proceed to take off after about ten seconds. Reminds me of the Don Revie Leeds team.

That would be interesting and very contentious, could you imagine the moans from the losing club and TV pundits.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
I'm fairly sure they are just humming the 'dum-dum-de-dum dumm dumm derrr' ring of fire tune to each other.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I'm fairly sure they are just humming the 'dum-dum-de-dum dumm dumm derrr' ring of fire tune to each other.

They're saying "Don't forget - if that bloody Yankee Doodle song starts we walk off!".

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The part about them sticking their fingers to the sky and saying something is obviously religious, they usually do it as they come onto the pitch thanking God for the opportunity to do it week after week. I don't see anything wrong with that.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Can someone please explain why people get so upset or whatever about all this stuff.

Each to his/their own.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe worth noting, for reasons of cringeworthiness, that the Albion Team Huddle follows directly on from the Stockdale Series Of Individual Man Cuddles.Sake! :rolleyes:
Clearly it's not for everyone, and I'm happy in my little niche.
But one things for certain, cyclists are hard as nails.
This afternoon I have been mostly watching them get run over by the neutral service car:-

Not a lot of time for man love, when riding 200 miles in fear for your life, from you're own support vehicle :lol:.

Maybe the gayer you dress the more rufty-tufty you are.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
What sign do they make to their brand of god after they've missed an open goal, or been sent off?

I've never seen them do it when they've been sent off but I can only assume it'd be an apology for their behaviour and if they're missing an open goal they're asking God to help them improve.

I'm not in the slightest part religious but some of this is a no brainer and I'm not sure if you're being silly on purpose or you're just a bit slow :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here