Can someone help out a thicky here!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Having a bad day, and tell my norths from my souths etc, but can someone put up a pic of the AMEX with the main a27 and train tracks, the uni road etc, and mark on it where the family stand will be!

Think i need mental help to get my brain rewired!

Thanks in advance

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Family Stand is the East Stand - the one on the right as you look at this pic where the seats are just going in. A27 at top of pic.

BHA3.gif

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
See Amex Aerial Shots. Up that way, North. :wave:

thanks oldman, I got it totally wrong then, as I thought the north stand was going to be the end stand by the uni road, not the end stand by the A27.

Doesnt really make sense that the south stand will be further north then the north stand???

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The South stand is south. To be precise the North Stand is northwest, West southwest, South southeast and East northeast. The Amex is south of the A27.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:lolol:
Its perfectly SIMPLE

The North and South stands are the ones behind the goals. The North stand is the one closest to the A27.
The West stand is the big bastard alongside the pitch closest to the Uni. The East stand, amazingly enough, lies opposite.

HOW anyone struggles with this is beyond me !

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I don't know why but Kazenga <3 has just provided me a massive belly laugh! This thread is amazing!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Thank you Kazenga!

Looking at the stadium site now via multimap, on this link I have now got my bearing back.

Bing Maps - driving and transit directions, routes, traffic conditions

Like I said I was having a thick moment, and just couldnt get my bearing, but now I can, and I am glad in the process I have provided some people with a laugh, and astounded others with my total dumbness!

I blame the fact that the A27 and railway curve round from the Lewes direction. I personally would have thought that the north stand faced west but it is clear from the aerial view map that it faces north.

Have I confused anyone further?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports