Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can Portsmouth do ANYTHING right? Joke of a club.

BeepBeepImaJeep

Farewell and adieu....
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Lawrence still at Stoke? | Stoke City | Stoke and Staffordshire sport

LIAM Lawrence could still be a Stoke City player amid fears his transfer to Portsmouth didn't go through in time on deadline day, The Sentinel can reveal.

That would leave Lawrence returning to the Britannia - but unable to play as Stoke have already declared their 25-man squad.

It is believed that Portsmouth lodged the paperwork for his transfer 15 minutes too late for it to be registered by the FA and Premier League.

Discussions are still taking place between Portsmouth and football's top brass to find a loophole.

Portsmouth's plan B is thought to be an attempt to sign Lawrence on loan ahead of a permanent move when the transfer window re-opens in January.

But there is a limit of two loan players from the same parent club and Pompey already have Stoke duo Ibrahima Sonko and Carl Dickinson on their books.

The whole fiasco will be an embarrassment to those dealing with the transfer at the Portsmouth end and will infuriate Lawrence after being led to believe his move had gone through at the 11th-hour last Tuesday evening.

Lawrence is currently away on international duty with Ireland and due to play in tonight's Euro 2012 qualifier at home to Andorra.

1762389-vlarge.jpg

Although my favorite blunder of theirs this summer was when they came to America to play DC United, lost their kits and had to borrow United's. They were then thumped 4-0.

4828529885_ab0269cf96.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You have to have some empathy with the fans, ripped off by successive chairman, administration etc. etc.

Tomorrow, MP's will debate in the House of Commons on the role of supporters should have in the governance of their football clubs, and whether any further regulation is required to stop clubs being laden with debt. etc.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Although my favorite blunder of theirs this summer was when they came to America to play DC United, lost their kits and had to borrow United's. They were then thumped 4-0.
Haha, and DCU are the worst team in MLS by an absolute mile.

Very pleasing. Hopefully relegation for those twats is more than just wishful thinking. Division 3 at their shitty ramshackle ground while we're in the Championship at a spanking new stadium would be top drawer.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
What a bunch of bozos. Presumably he can do something like what Sandaza did at Dundee Utd; and get out of his contract and become a free agent, if he's desperate to go there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can I just say

Hahahahahahahahahaaahahahahaaahahahahahaa

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Enjoyed that.
Pompey really are the gift that keeps on giving. :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's a claim Pompey strenuously refute, insisting the correct documentation was sent on time.

Andrew Andronikou has revealed the club will look to take Lawrence on loan from the Potters if a permanent deal is thrown out.

And he has accused footballing authorities of treating Pompey unfairly.

He said: 'The Lawrence deal has not been ratified by the Football League yet and we are still waiting to hear the outcome.

'Unfortunately, we are not Tottenham and are not allowed to have this issue sorted the next day as they did with Rafael Van Der Vaart.

'This sort of thing will only happen to us. There is proper brinkmanship going on just because we are Portsmouth Football Club.

'The whole world knew two weeks before that we wanted this deal to happen. Unfortunately, they have been finding ways of making things difficult to actually push it through.

'From our end, all documentation was sent on time, well before the 6pm deadline. I was there myself to see it.

'Admittedly, the deal happened a little later than we would have liked as the player was training with the Republic of Ireland squad. We haven't even had a chance to give him a medical yet.

'But it was sorted before 6pm, I can tell you.

'The authorities also reckon the Tommy Smith deal to QPR was completed at 6.02pm or something like that.

'This puts more work on us but we are determined to see it through, even if we have to get the player on loan instead.'

"Everybody hates us, just because we're a bunch of thieving cheats"

Boo f***ing hoo Androniku. Hope your mob are enjoying that BED they've made to lie in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here