Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can one of the resident railway types explain this?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyway, aside from my little ticketing mishap I had a lovely day in the capital and for all the people that think I never have a good word to say about England I bought 3 shirts, a jacket and a new wallet and all are British designed.

Very patriotic however were they manufactured in Britain ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It is the sign of the future basically and the demise of the ticket office, as you may be aware Southern are promoting the key and that is the future as you would be responsible with loading your card with your ticket and preferably on-line and the inducement is cheaper fare.

Think Oyster and LUL I think it is £4.20 for a single tube ticket but half that with an Oyster Card

The Oyster works well though. I like the fact you just travel and at the end of the day it figures out the cheapest price for you. I cannot fault this. If Southern did the same they'd need a bloody big super computer to figure out the cheapest deal from the myriad ticket permutations available.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very patriotic however were they manufactured in Britain ?

Two different brands but all made in Romania. Design is important though. That said, every single Romanian will be living in the UK very shortly according to some people so they're as good as British manufactured.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
While on the subject of trains, can anyone explain how the Palace fans train is going direct to Falmer via Lewes?

Surely when the train arrives at Lewes, the driver changes into the other drivers cab.

But it's on a different line.
The train comes into Platform 1 and stops about 200 yards past the platform, the driver moves to the other end of the train, and the train then moves forwards through Platform 4 and onwards to Falmer.

Jul 7, 2003
Anyway, aside from my little ticketing mishap I had a lovely day in the capital and for all the people that think I never have a good word to say about England I bought 3 shirts, a jacket and a new wallet and all are British designed.

Not forgetting your fine lunchtime dining experience:thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bought a day retutn ticket from Brighton to London with zones 1-6 with NSE card and it was £12. Lost ticket and had to pay £16 for a straight London to Brighton ticket to get back. Why is it 33% more expensive to go just one way?

I really think you need to stay away from the trains for a bit. You are showing increasing signs of Habitual Train User Psychosis.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Why is it 33% more expensive to go just one way?

In simple terms
in the beginning Britain has a great railway system.
then the nationalization of the system allowed every brown nosed anally retarded f*ckwit to join the club and drive the network into the ground with ridiculous outdated union demands.
the network was then privatized but the f*ckwits still remained in the background,hence stupidity still reigns supreme.

that is why your ticket is stupidly overpriced for that leg of the journey

hope that helps....enjoy the game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here