Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can Mock The week survive without Frankie Boyle?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Given the prog last night the anwer would seem to be "yes" as long as Milton Jones appears on it...

still laughing over his joke about the field of carrots..and about covering his late grandfather with lard, "he went downhill quickly after that"..:lolol::lolol:

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Given the prog last night the anwer would seem to be "yes" as long as Milton Jones appears on it...

still laughing over his joke about the field of carrots..and about covering his late grandfather with lard, "he went downhill quickly after that"..:lolol::lolol:

I believe he will appear on it a few times throughout the series

the guests next week are Sarah Millican, John Bishop and Chris Addison (of the thick of it!).

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
Milton Jones was the warm up comedian for the previous series of Mock the Week.Last series he stepped in at last minute to replace Frankie Boyle when he was taken ill on day of show. He's good at oneliners like Tim Vine, but my only complaint is that I am just reacting to his first joke when he's on his third! Well thought out oneliners-loved the hay fever/diabetes joke-very droll.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

His best one has to be the rice one. "I got a single grain of rice for christmas....... Thanks Uncle Ben!"

BIG GAY AL

May 27, 2008
yeah that guy was good. I thought the irish fella was terrible tho, the only funny joke he said was about 35seconds, only because its true!

that programme on at 10:00 i had high hopes for but felt quite let down by

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I can't be bothered with Mock The Week anymore, it's just far too obvious and furmulaic.

It used to serve as a vehicle for Frankie Boyle and co. to showcase their material but they may as well just have a stand up show on. The premise of it being a quiz show is essentially pointless

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Boyle pretty much took over the show anyway so without him at least the others will get a chance to speak.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The only light amongst the gloom !:thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Isn't it just shit full stop, whether Boyle's in it or not?

:)

Judging by the responses on here I would say that people don't think so.

Personally I liked it with Boyle, and I liked it last night. I never saw it as the Frankie Boyle show anyway.

Oh, and the one about spreading lard on his Grandads back, LOL

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Judging by the responses on here I would say that people don't think so.

Personally I liked it with Boyle, and I liked it last night. I never saw it as the Frankie Boyle show anyway.

Oh, and the one about spreading lard on his Grandads back, LOL

I think Hugh Dennis is well worth the money too.

As far as Patrick Kielty is concerned, you have to remember he's been "mainstream", a bit like a younger version of Val Doonican rather than Dave Allen, so would be struggling to appear "anti-establishment". Nice joke about his neighbours in Chelsea, but judging by the poor audience reaction, that's where they live....

Lush

Mods' Pet
Milton Jones was great at the Brighton Comedy Festival last year. On in the Pavilion Theatre! If he does well on Mock The Week he might get upgraded to the Corn Exchange or even The Dome this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here