Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can I get red dot off sky sports screen ?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yes. f***ing annoying. Used to appear once and that was it. Now have to dismiss it repeatedly. Reduces the brightness of the picture if you leave it there.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Pressing 'back up' on the remote clears it. But it will reappear following an advert break. Other way is to pause the TV for 20 seconds, it wont work on paused or pre-recorded shows.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Pressing 'back up' on the remote clears it. But it will reappear following an advert break. Other way is to pause the TV for 20 seconds, it wont work on paused or pre-recorded shows.
On my Sky it is appearing roughly every 10 minutes. Thanks for the pause tip.

Edit: I suspect this is a deliberate change as it disappears if you leave it for about 20 seconds. God knows who thought that was a good idea.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t want to be reminded I can Recap & Datazone every 5 mins. Probably an ocd thing !
It caused us consternation today. What a load of 'get involved' old bollocks. Pandering to bored teenagers. Burn them. BURN THEM!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Edit: I suspect this is a deliberate change as it disappears if you leave it for about 20 seconds. God knows who thought that was a good idea.
It was a focus group.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Got rid of mine i put a plaster over it in the corner of the screen simples.
Health GIF

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Excellent if you tune in after the start of the game, you can press the red button and watch any goals or major incidents you have missed.

But if you have been watching from the start, it;s not much of a problem as disappears fairly quickly.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Wasn’t there a story somewhere that a pub had tippexed a pint glass in the corner of their TV screen to make out they had the business Sky subscription in case anyone question it?
if not their should be, bloody brilliant idea.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Excellent if you tune in after the start of the game, you can press the red button and watch any goals or major incidents you have missed.

But if you have been watching from the start, it;s not much of a problem as disappears fairly quickly.
Not today. They have started flashing it back up throughout the game.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

My Sky+ has started to show the program info just as a commercial break comes up even on recorded shows. All started about a week ago. Does mean I know when to fast forwards though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here