Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can hecke

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I wonder if he was better because he didn't have Dunk there. He seemed to be more decisive.
More that he was given a job to do on Haaland allowing Colwill to be an out ball when we had it. That’s basically how we scored our first goal

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
More that he was given a job to do on Haaland allowing Colwill to be an out ball when we had it. That’s basically how we scored our first goal
30 yard thunderbastard excepted of course. But no City player can cope with our space creation from the moment Steele gives it to Colwill

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had a severe case of the willies when I saw JPvH starting and Dunk on the bench, given his performance at Newcastle. But he proved a lot of doubters wrong - me included - with that performance against the most fearsome striker in the PL. He beat him in the air, he beat him on the ground, he dealt with his physicality all night. I lost count of the times he got a crafty toe in to just nick the ball away, and he did so well to prevent it being a straight 1 on 1 in the first half, when Steele came out and gathered.

And what about RDZ pitching in him in to this of all games, putting his total faith in him against the Champions, the best team in Europe, after he'd had a bit of a 'mare at Newcastle ? That is SUPREME man-management, and will have been a huge boost to the lads confidence. I think he may have come of age tonight, he must have come off the pitch feeling 10ft tall.

I'm just left shaking my head at this season. I've never seen the like.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Isn’t he out of contract this Summer?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Seanaaa Paul was brilliant tonight. Should have stopped their first though.

Absolutely showed he might be worth a place in our squad next season

From the social media stuff online he seems a well liked and loved member of the squad I hope he does well.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
As poor as he was at Newcastle, he was as good tonight and then some.

Amazing performance.

Outstanding
I thought he was pretty good at Newcastle until the last 15 minutes when he seemed to completely run out of energy. Fantastic last night. Must admit I didn’t think he was up to it at all after his first couple of games but seems like that was wrong.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Club has a one year option. But after yesterday it is pretty obvious he needs a longer one. And with much more football being played next season(s) - he will get one.
Strange it hasn’t been sorted already . Maybe the past couple of games were a trial ?
If so , he passed for last night alone.
Even before last night we had a major talent on our hands . He was immense in the championship.
I reckon we will recruit at cb (one of rdz’s old players ) . Hopefully that won’t be at the expense of van hecke’s development.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Strange it hasn’t been sorted already . Maybe the past couple of games were a trial ?
If so , he passed for last night alone.
Even before last night we had a major talent on our hands . He was immense in the championship.
I reckon we will recruit at cb (one of rdz’s old players ) . Hopefully that won’t be at the expense of van hecke’s development.
Agree. I think after Newcastle, a decision May have been made, surely last evening reversed any negative thoughts.

Re recruitment, yes think you may be right, though I do think the club like Turns, whether he is ready is another question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here