Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can hecke

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
I am sorry to say that but time will come when Dunk must start watching his DOB.. yes, he is an iron-man but being 32 in November and ideally 10+ more games to be played this coming season - squad rotation is also good for Lewis's long term career.

So I am pretty sure JPvH won't be let go, at least not for a modest sum, given the club has just Dunk and Webster as CB-s. Selling van Hecke for a modest sum and having to buy 2-3 expensive CB-s - no, that is not Brighton way.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
One thing became crystal clear last night to me, I will not be rolling my eyes and questioning RDZ team selections pre match anymore :lolol:

I was convinced that we were in for an absolute thumping when I saw the team sheet.
Me too. Our odds which had been 100-30 earlier in the week, then shrunk to 2-1 by Tuesday evening. Then, after the teem sheet was announced, they were back out to 100-30. What do we know eh?

TNBA

TTF

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just watched highlights again - the kid really has got big balls! Can you imagine the moment he was told, with just a handful of PL appearances to his name, that he was going to be man marking Haaland wherever he was on the pitch?!

He really was superb. It took me a couple of minutes to realise what was happening when I saw Van Hecke pop up further advanced than our midfielders early on and I did wonder WTF RDZ was thinking but kudos to him and JPVH - both played it absolutely spot on!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Well yes, I think he'll be disappointed as well. I just think he didn't set himself to be anything other than a barrier as he didn't (like most of us) expect Foden to scuff it. When he did, he was unable to react.

But these things happen. That was just one of the millions of micro decisions that you make every game and inexperienced players get more wrong than experienced ones. He did well.
A lot of the time a mishit shot goes in. If Foden had hit it properly he may well have saved it. He was in position to and then Foden scuffed it and he scores his customary goal! Shit happens.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Hmmm. He was ok wrestling against Harland, but was at fault for their goal.

Look at Pascal's reaction when they scored, he wasn't happy with JP.

He had a decent enough game last night, but he's not good enough to be our first choice CB just yet.
It was Gross that was playing Haaland onside, you would have to know the coach's instructions to know which of the two were at fault.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think the Van Hecke dominated Haaland thing is being overdone.

Haaland should have scored easily in the first half, would have probably scored had he not played in Foden for the goal and the disallowed one? Well I think it was a clear and obvious error, but i've seen them upheld. He also had a couple of half chances, which he has been putting away.

Another day, Erling gets a hatrick there.

Not to diminish JP's performance, but as a collective, I don't think we managed to keep him quiet in any way at all.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Shout out to my ex - Little Mix

Jan Paul Van Hecke, you're really quite the man
Although I get you mixed up with Jean-Claude van Damme
Here's to Van Hecke, hey, look at him now, well, he
He went against Haaland, and he kicked him out of town.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Look at Pascal's reaction when they scored, he wasn't happy with JP.
Yes saw that ….and Pascal’s (much stronger) reaction to Enciso in the Saints game … and Pascal not playing in Buanonotte in the Everton game 🤔

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Fantastic performance last night. He stuggled against Newcastle, particularly first half and his passing was partiuclarly slow, but yesterday it was like having a different player and against the best forward in the world. He definitely has plenty to offer.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I think the Van Hecke dominated Haaland thing is being overdone.

Haaland should have scored easily in the first half, would have probably scored had he not played in Foden for the goal and the disallowed one? Well I think it was a clear and obvious error, but i've seen them upheld. He also had a couple of half chances, which he has been putting away.

Another day, Erling gets a hatrick there.

Not to diminish JP's performance, but as a collective, I don't think we managed to keep him quiet in any way at all.
£10k? / week defender vs £900k / week attacker. I think he did an exceptional job.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not gonna lie, not been over impressed with him overall but appreciate its hard to just come in for the odd game here and there. He was very good last night though, so credit to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here