Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can Gus justify dropping a winning team?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I must admit, when I saw the teamsheet yesterday I wasn't thrilled at the prospect of Ankergren in goal and no wingers, but I have to say I think it was our best performance of the season. The three central midfielders made it much easier for Lopez and Bridge to get forward and this created the two goals. I still have much more confidence with Kuszczak in goal, no doubt, but Ankergren made a good save at the end and his distribution is better than Kuszczak's (imo), and Dicker looked really good. Should Bruno, Kuszczak, Buckley get back into the team?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
In normal circumstances Gus picks a side based on who we are playing against. We rarely see the same team again, even after a win.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes he can change it, he shows a little contempt for the FA Cup by fielding a weaker side, but good luck to him when it goes right.

I was more concerned that Bridcutt had yet another storming game and was in the tv shop window.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kusz will be back in.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
no way Kooshack won't be playing next game unless he is injured

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Gus always picks the second goalie for cup games. TK will be back.

Cannot see him leaving out Buckley if fit. Think Bruno would have a hard time getting back in at the moment. Dicker has done well and it may be Hammond that Buckley replaces.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Gus always picks the second goalie for cup games. TK will be back.

Cannot see him leaving out Buckley if fit. Think Bruno would have a hard time getting back in at the moment. Dicker has done well and it may be Hammond that Buckley replaces.

Yeah I know, I just think it's harsh to drop him when he kept a clean sheet against Premiership opposition.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Of course he can justify it.
We won at Ipswich and he made changes.
Didn't do much harm yesterday, did it?

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
100% get the Big Pole back between the sticks. I almost shit myself every time a cross is hoofed into our box in case Ankergren slaps it to their forward. Shame as the rest of his game in pretty decent!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I must admit, when I saw the teamsheet yesterday I wasn't thrilled at the prospect of Ankergren in goal and no wingers, but I have to say I think it was our best performance of the season. The three central midfielders made it much easier for Lopez and Bridge to get forward and this created the two goals. I still have much more confidence with Kuszczak in goal, no doubt, but Ankergren made a good save at the end and his distribution is better than Kuszczak's (imo), and Dicker looked really good. Should Bruno, Kuszczak, Buckley get back into the team?

In answer to your question, yes those players should be automatic picks if they are fit.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Whatever casper had to do he did fine...certainly better than kushy at kicking.....but normal service to be resumed next week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here