Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can everyone stop banging on about Arsenal?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Whilst I understand the OP's point - we are going along hoping to see the Albion play out of their skins, and scrape a result, there is nothing wrong with being a BIT excited about watching the opposition.

In particular, I'm excited (and terrified, in equal measure) about the chance to watch Alexis Sanchez live. If you are 100% focused on Brighton, and cannot appreciate watching one of the very best footballers in the WORLD, at their peak, then you are missing something from the over-all experience, IMO.
I kind of agree, in so much as it'll be glorious watching Dunk put a huge tackle in on him on the half way line after 5 minutes, or seeing Calde smashing Chamberlain in a juicy 50/50.

The beautiful game.

:thumbsup:

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
In particular, I'm excited (and terrified, in equal measure) about the chance to watch Inigo Calderon live. If you are 100% focused on Brighton, and can appreciate watching one of the very best footballers in the WORLD, at their peak, then you arent missing anything from the over-all experience, IMO.

Corrected for you :D

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Agree with Bozza, 28000(?) tickets sold for the brentford match should be a great atmosphere, fair play to brentford for shifting 3,000. Looking forward to whether we can up our attacking game at the AMEX. Then Ipswich should be another cracker and finally Arsenal. Who cares how many tickets they have sold or that there allocation is 4400. Will be a great atmosphere, but that is after the other 2 important home games.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
How DARE NSC get excited about the holders of the cup coming to their stadium.

The football on show at the amex this season has been SO THRILLING with WINS GALORE that the potential to play some world class players and knock them out of the best domestic club-cup competition in the world should barely REGISTER on our radar.

We've still got 13th place in the Championship to fight for. We don't need such TRIVIAL distractions.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yes they are a big London club.

Yes they have a large following.

Yes they are the current holders of the cup.

But I am sick of seeing threads about how many fans they have, how good their support is, how good their team is, how we will likely lose, how there is mass panic over getting a ticket for this game when Millwall at home was half empty ect ect.

F**k Arsenal - by all accounts they have been crap away from home this season. We are Tony Blooms blue and white army with the mighty Chris Hughton at the helm. We are playing at our long awaited home the Amex. We will bring over 25k in support. We are unbeaten in 5.

We played arguably a better team in Spurs - at home - at possibly the lowest point in our season at the end of last year and still only lost by 2.

We nearly beat them last time and we can do it again. This is the Football Association Challenge Cup – it was made for the underdogs like us.

So instead of thinking "I'm going to see an Arsenal game" think "I'm going to see Brighton and Hove Albion in the FA cup, and I dont care who we are playing"

Do leave off , if you can't get excited about this tie and who the opposition is then I'd give up going if I were you.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
How DARE NSC get excited about the holders of the cup coming to their stadium.

The football on show at the amex this season has been SO THRILLING with WINS GALORE that the potential to play some world class players and knock them out of the best domestic club-cup competition in the world should barely REGISTER on our radar.

We've still got 13th place in the Championship to fight for. We don't need such TRIVIAL distractions.

Do leave off , if you can't get excited about this tie and who the opposition is then I'd give up going if I were you.

Theres getting excited and then theres what NSC have been doing.

I for one am not jizzing in my pants because Wenger + gang are coming back to the Amex and if you are I'd suggest a Arsenal ST is more for you.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I for one am not jizzing in my pants because Wenger + gang are coming back to the Amex and if you are I'd suggest a Arsenal ST is more for you.

Yes, but who are your favourite Arsenal players now and of all time?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Yes, but will the sterile library that is The Amex remind the gooners of their own library, The Emerites?:blush:

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

We've had (aside from the past 3 weeks) a really shit few weeks/months.
Getting tonked by average teams and BHA looking like League 2 play-off contenders.

At the time of the draw. I'd say the majority of Albion fans were in two minds:
  • A) Lower League team, better chance of winning and progressing.
  • B) Big team at Home - for entertainment.

We got B. It'll be entertaining and the stadium will be rocking, win or lose, with a few quid banked by the club at the same time.

I'm looking forward to this match, and I haven't been able to say that throughout the majority of this season.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We've had (aside from the past 3 weeks) a really shit few weeks/months.
Getting tonked by average teams and BHA looking like League 2 play-off contenders.

At the time of the draw. I'd say the majority of Albion fans were in two minds:
  • A) Lower League team, better chance of winning and progressing.
  • B) Big team at Home - for entertainment.

We got B. It'll be entertaining and the stadium will be rocking, win or lose, with a few quid banked by the club at the same time.

I'm looking forward to this match, and I haven't been able to say that throughout the majority of this season.

I was hoping for personally Option C big away game so could spend the weekend on the lash.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The OP started the thread really well then started talking about the Arsenal game, rather than the two games we have before that!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
He'll be rested :)

(unfortunately)

They've got City on the 18th then us on the 25th and then nothing until the following Sunday.

There's no reason why Wenger would rest players given the amount of time between those three fixtures.

Reigning champions against a lower positioned team who might cause a cupset?

Zero chance of them fielding a weaker squad. I'm calling it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here